UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#2995  by babblerx

Badger wrote:Seem to remember an article in CC about an Old Snake Cuda being in the North East at the jennings group (Dealership) I think on promo duty.
Not sure of the year though .. mid seventies at some point.

What do we know about Felton anyway. I should know more about this, did they run the eighth or full quarter .. I've got a blurred image in my mind from somewhere of Ricky Brooke's Stripper Mini altered on track there, which would make sense as Ricky was from South Shields nr Newcastle.
Badger, I remember going to Felton a couple of times in my early youth - I think I was about 8 years old - by my dad (Ricky). Ive been looking at some of the nostalgia drag racing sites and am going to ask my dad if he's still got some old pics. If he has I'll try and scan them and post them up here.

Just for the record, I'm sure Felton was only an eighth mile run.

Rich
 #3702  by muddytalker

Getting back to the thread guys, juts come across this picture of the ‘Wynns Winder’ in a Waddingtons Super Top Trumps Dragsters set. Leafing through the set all 32 cards were photographed at Hockenheim’s ‘Nitro Olympics’ meet either in 1992 or 93 as a static display vehicle. I was at the 1991 and 92 races but I can’t recall seeing the dragster then so it kind of narrows it down to 1993! Perhaps Chunky might be able to help us out here!
scan0006.jpg
scan0006.jpg (144.09 KiB) Viewed 15725 times
 #3705  by Badger

Muddytalker, looking at that pic there .. I think I've just twigged. The car in that pic is Mr Six? Wasn't it discovered in Germany recently in black and yellow. Also seem to remember those red Valve covers from the ED item. Could be wrong, why they added the yellow and DP lettering to the car if it is ex - Mr Six - who knows. However the car was black wasn't it (Tina Page) version as it left these shores.

Just my theory .....
 #3706  by muddytalker

Do you know Badger, I reackon you've just solved the problem which has been stairing us in the face since March. I know Tog won't mind but take a look at some of the photos by Simon Groves in this Eurodragster feature; http://www.eurodragster.com/news/featur ... /index.htm. However, in the article it was made to look like a Don Prudhomme dragster so it still doesn't solve the original question of what happened to the original car.
 #3707  by Badger

Yeah looking back at the ED pics, that's sorted that then. It was those red valve covers and the injector hat that took me back to memories of the ED item.
Dunno why they put the Prudhomme lettering on it. I'll have to go through some pics ,threads, as I still think there was as an original Prudhomme rail in this country prior to that, and definately a cuda funny.
 #3709  by TimeMachine

muddytalker wrote:Getting back to the thread guys, juts come across this picture of the ‘Wynns Winder’ in a Waddingtons Super Top Trumps Dragsters set. Leafing through the set all 32 cards were photographed at Hockenheim’s ‘Nitro Olympics’ meet either in 1992 or 93 as a static display vehicle. I was at the 1991 and 92 races but I can’t recall seeing the dragster then so it kind of narrows it down to 1993! Perhaps Chunky might be able to help us out here!
The attachment scan0006.jpg is no longer available
It was 1989.
toptrump-scaaled.jpg
toptrump-scaaled.jpg (36.42 KiB) Viewed 16416 times
:-)
 #3711  by muddytalker

Well that would have been the first of the Hockenheim quarter mile events then, and again I was there reporting for Fire Up magazine but I still can't recall seeing the Prudhomme replica.
 #5195  by jaytee

I was looking through Feb 72 Drag Racing News and it had a write up on a German show that feature a few UK cars,Hillbillies-Skilton-John Harrison also Prudhommes and Garlits cars
Attachments
1 WYNNS A.jpg
1 WYNNS A.jpg (104.58 KiB) Viewed 16230 times