UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#2137  by ukdrn

Here's some good pictures that were sent to me by John Kent

#2145  by Teamscoop

The old orange and white NDRC startline van. The home of Wiggy, the only man to talk of drag racing in sunny California while English rain pelted down. :D

#2152  by timetravel

Great pics Jon. Looks like they were taken at the June 1975 Tor Line Funny Car meet at Wroughton. That's the first pic I've seen of Pete Bassett's flathead powered "Cavalier" slingshot which is coming out for a run with the ex-Anders Lantz Plymouth coupe which at this meeting was being run by Bo Jonsson and I remember seeing a report on a Swedish rod run about 5 years ago in Custom Car where this coupe was back out as a fully fendered street rod.

#2153  by timetravel

Here's some of Ken Robbin's pics from the same meeting Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

#2154  by Badger

Brilliant pictures!
TT, the shots from Ken Robbins, was there one of my Avenger Body in the hands of the Hillbillies amongst them? It ran in green gel coat only at that meeting. If so I'd love a look at it.

#2158  by muddytalker

Badger, if you get hold of a copy of the Castrol film ‘A Dash of Irish/Winning Ain’t Easy’ from Duke Marketing there’s a couple of shots of the ‘Hillbillies’ green gel coat Avenger there taking part in the 1975 Tor Line Funny Car Championships from Wroughton.

#2161  by Badger

Cheers MT .. I'll have to have a look.

#2166  by timetravel

Badger wrote:Brilliant pictures!
TT, the shots from Ken Robbins, was there one of my Avenger Body in the hands of the Hillbillies amongst them? It ran in green gel coat only at that meeting. If so I'd love a look at it.
No Ken didn't take any pics of the Hillbillies Avenger but he did film it with his sound cine camera the results of which are on Time Travel 13 DVD and theres a pic of it in the Custom Car magazine feature from Sept 1975 Image Image Image Image Image

#2167  by Badger

Thanks TT. Not only were we treated to coverage of the meet in Custom Car, we had Skilton's funny as centre spread that month if memory serves.
Ken Robbins, did he ever participate on the track? He seems to of been at a lot of races .. but I can only associate him with a string of nice red tri-chevy's.

#2169  by timetravel

No Ken has never run a race car at the drags which is probably a good thing as if he did he wouldn't have been able to take all the pics, cine film and video he has done since 1965 and he's still doing it. You'll find him perched up on his step ladder at about quarter track on the top of the bank at most of the big meets at the Pod.