UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#15865  by SydMac

CRR wrote:
Stormin Norm wrote: Did they have a tech crew in those days??

Norm.
They certainly did Norm. The guy I was mistakenly thinking of was on the tech crew with Maurice Takoor in the very early 1970's, and possibly even earlier than that.
Hi Clive, was the guy you were thinking of John Hills, Maurice is still in contact with him, he was mentioned when Maurice & I spoke at this years Main Event.
SydMac
 #15869  by the_lovely_liz

CharlesRowat wrote:Hi,
I'm Martin Rowat's son and I'm trying to get him a more original christmas present this year.

I'm looking for images of the Emerson, Rowat and Smith dragster ( I've seen it called a rail and a junior fueler too) and various internet searches have yielded only three images. If you have any photographs of this dragster racing, or in the pits, anything, I would be massively grateful if you could upload them or point me in the right direction.

I know they were active around 1976 and am sure in this year they raced at Snetterton and Blackbushe.

Thanks.

Charlie
Hi Charlie
Probably a bit late now, but have you looked on Alan Currans website: http://www.theaccelerationarchive.co.uk ? I am sure I have seen some pics of your dad's car on the 'Readers Gallery' pages. If there isn't a contact number on the page for the photographer, contact Alan himself, he is very helpful. I raced your dad on several occasions back in the mid '70's, although I never got to know him very well.
Best Regards
Liz
 #15875  by CRR

SydMac wrote: Hi Clive, was the guy you were thinking of John Hills, Maurice is still in contact with him, he was mentioned when Maurice & I spoke at this years Main Event.
SydMac
Bang on Syd! Yes, I remember John as a nice fella.