UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#33298  by ukdrn

timetravel wrote:
ukdrn wrote:
timetravel wrote:
ukdrn wrote:
timetravel wrote:Great pics Jon.. any idea what times Alan is getting out of the Dragon now? Looks like it's hooking up well

I've just found out that he was trying out a new sequential gearbox in the car so was testing launching from 1st,2nd and 3rd gears, I think he went into the high 12s in the end Nick.
thanks Jon.. nice to see it's still being used and developed and a year off 50...
Nick you got me thinking that we see the car out so much that we take it for granted really.
I think we neglect the fact that this car and the ex Malibu Express rail are the only 2 cars from the early days that's still running today.
Of course it's just as important as any other piece of history we have left and
as it's older Brother gets all the attention I thought I would post some extra pictures of the old girl :D
yep, agreed... nice pics... and there's Bob Hawkins Time Traveller as well of course 8)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49&hilit=bob+hawkins&start=16
Forget about that, sorry Bob.
 #33300  by martyn b

[quote=... and there's Bob Hawkins Time Traveller as well of course 8)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49&hilit=bob+hawkins&start=16[/quote]

Forget about that, sorry Bob.[/quote]

And I am waiting for Bob to get himself a modern chassis so I can get on and recreate the car as it was when I had it at the beginning of the '70's... (before I get too old!)
 #34253  by muddytalker

Dave Nelson was out yesterday (Sun) testing his new nostalgia Super Pro slingshot dragster.
_DDP6750.jpg
_DDP6750.jpg (163.71 KiB) Viewed 7248 times
Photo by Dave Derry
 #34634  by muddytalker

Does anyone know who this belongs to (turned up at the Halloween weekend), and its history if any! There were some part scratched off Super Pro numbers on the rear windows.
_DDP8278.jpg
_DDP8278.jpg (402.33 KiB) Viewed 6832 times
_DDP8251.jpg
_DDP8251.jpg (316.8 KiB) Viewed 6832 times
Photos courtesy of Dave Derry