UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#31080  by ukdrn

My first track side visit to this event was a treat and a nice day out in decent sunshine, sadly Sunday fell the same way many other meetings have gone in 2012 - to the rain gods.

Terri Anne White continues to impress in Fuel Altered with sideways burnouts and quick passes.
SPR-NF-800-02.jpg
SPR-NF-800-02.jpg (102.96 KiB) Viewed 11522 times
SPR-NF-800-03.jpg
SPR-NF-800-03.jpg (84.95 KiB) Viewed 11522 times
Of course the only other runner in the NFAA was the Chaos car.
Now that Lawrie and the team have the car running straighter it's all about numbers and the car sounded as if the can had been tipped to me on it's final pass which netted a excellent clutch burning 6.35@ 213mph
SPR-NF-800-06.jpg
SPR-NF-800-06.jpg (75.3 KiB) Viewed 11522 times
SPR-NF-800-07.jpg
SPR-NF-800-07.jpg (83.3 KiB) Viewed 11522 times
Someone I've always wanted to meet was Roy Phelps and I got to have a couple of chats with him which was cool and interesting.
Apart from other bit's and bobs he told me he is just about to get back one of his Alleygator cars, the one we thought on here was Maneater, the Stones Hemi Hunter 4 car.
Now before you get excited like I did when Roy told me this he did sadly add that he doesn't share our enthusiasm and passion for the old days so don't hold your breath on this appearing at dragstalia any time soon but as always I live in hope.
SPR-NF-800-10.jpg
SPR-NF-800-10.jpg (97.82 KiB) Viewed 11522 times
Laurie Bamford licensing with his eyes shut
SPR-NF-800-05.jpg
SPR-NF-800-05.jpg (84.36 KiB) Viewed 11522 times
SPR-NF-800-08.jpg
SPR-NF-800-08.jpg (74.1 KiB) Viewed 11522 times
 #34205  by ukdrn

The biggest incident by far yesterday (Sat 2013) was the terrible crash of Graham Ellis.
One of the biggest crashes I've seen at Santa Pod for many years but the Andy Robinson built car done its job and thankfully Graham survived.
I wish him all the best in his recovery.

His Son Gareth said last night.

"Thank you to everyone for there messages of support for my dad.
He's broken a lot of bones including fracturing his neck and his back and his face.
He's going to be ok.
Thanks to the emergency and medical crew. And thank you Cath.
We'll be bac
k."
GE-02.jpg
GE-02.jpg (85.3 KiB) Viewed 10874 times
GE.jpg
GE.jpg (103.86 KiB) Viewed 10874 times
 #34209  by Barngt

Saw it on the web cam , my hart was in my mouth , big big hit , hope he recovers quickly , think the car was sold aswell .
 #34210  by jaytee

always sickening to lose a top car this way, glad Graham is ok
 #34214  by GNRCUSTOMS

I was shocked when i read it on the live report on ED.

Its an horrible sight to see as a spectator let alone the thoughts and images going through Grahams crew at the time. Hopefully no spectators where hurt by any flying debris.

The main thing hes ok and lived to tell the tale, the car can be replaced.
 #34217  by eraider

Borrowed.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, I went to see Graham tonight, he looks like Uncle Fester, I would post a picture but he probably wouldn't thank me for it! He has two black eyes, a broken nose, skull fractures around the eye sockets, broken neck (not serious), broken lower back(again not serious), broken collar bone, broken arm (now in a cast), bruised lungs, he said the worst pain is his hip which I think may be from a seat belt tensioner. He said he hadn't seen the footage of the crash so I showed the you tube clip to him & the nurses, they were astounded that he is even alive, just goes to show how much racecar safety has improved in recent years.
He is in pretty good spirits & already planning his return to the racetrack, he hopes to be out of hospital fairly soon, they are fitting him into a back brace tomorrow & once that is done he reckons they will be able to discharge him in a few days.
I told him how many people on various forums were sending him get well messages & he was gobsmacked, so thanks again all.
Rob M
 #34232  by ukdrn

Bowling glove, shirt and shoes, correct pose, STRIKE :)
LG.jpg
LG.jpg (145.81 KiB) Viewed 10685 times
 #35371  by ukdrn

Andy Robinson
AR.jpg
AR.jpg (186.78 KiB) Viewed 10155 times
Bruno Bader
BB.jpg
BB.jpg (123.42 KiB) Viewed 10155 times