UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#1884  by herb andrews

Dave

Unfortunately not. We have always enjoyed the Gators so withdrawal symptoms will be kicking in soon!

We have run Comp for the past 7 times NHRA allowed it at the Gators. You may be aware thats due to NHRA having to restrict Sportsman classes at national events, so the ‘show’ runs on time, inline with TV and local noise restrictions.
We also run the Orlando Speedworld divisional meet the weekend before as it irons out the bugs (but not always!) before the Gators. That’s normally also a good meeting although the shutdown area is short so alcohol dragsters and funny cars do not run there anymore. At the end of the shutdown area the turnoff curves off to the right but if you are unfortunate to be going too fast there’s a dirt mound straight on. Strangely enough they stopped running alcohol the year after a funny car hit the dirt mound and took off; ending upside down, up in the trees. They left it there until the next day…

Have you been before and what are your plans? If I can help in anyway let me know.

Herb

#1906  by dave haggas

Hi Herb,
A good friend and I will go to Sebring first,just to see some clients of mine that are running sportscars there.We will then travel up to Gainsville for Thursday night.We fly from the Gators on Monday evening,so 3 full days of noise!
If you want to come with us you are more than welcome,let me know.Bob my brother will be at Sebring with Team Modena(they run an Aston Martin DBR 9).
I appreciate your kind words of help,most encouraging!If you have any way of getting us in a little cheaper??????
We have booked the flights and accomodation so all we need to do now is secure a Mustang for the drive.
Any thing to look out for?

#1953  by tony morris

If anybody is coming over to the Orlando event the week before the Gators please come by and say hi, I will be running there in Super Comp again. This year it's are turn to miss the Gators, as Herb was saying the NHRA are having to restrict Sportsman classes. So this year there is no Super Comp. With over four hundred cars on the ground there is plenty to see in Orlando.
Here is the start line at the 06 Div 2 Orlando event.
Then from mid track on, the track has now taken the armco down and now have walls, try telling a yank what armco is ?
Chunky Morris

#1954  by tony morris

Here is one of those Heim Cuda's running in Super Stock at Orlando at the Div 2 06 meet.
Oh and to answer the question yes I will be at the Gators at least one day watching. Chunky Morris