UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#7868  by timetravel

Does anyone know who was running the Snap-on Tools Trans Am at the '81 World Finals? It's not a repainted California Charger as that was at this meeting as well
SANTA POD SEPT '81 022.jpg
SANTA POD SEPT '81 022.jpg (35.08 KiB) Viewed 7741 times
SANTA POD SEPT '81 023.jpg
SANTA POD SEPT '81 023.jpg (34.48 KiB) Viewed 7736 times
 #7870  by muddytalker

Can’t find a name for the Snap-On Tools Funny Car TT but I have found another shot of the Ellen Betrix Pro Comp T/A with Finnair sponsorship on the front.

Photo courtesy of Patrick Salt
 #7872  by JonC

Was the Snap On car Conny Andersson?
 #7875  by muddytalker

Don’t think so Jon. He’s not listed in the programme. Even with the programme we still can’t narrow it down as all the overseas names were lumped together against their respective countries:

Sweden
John Anderson, Anders Hasselstrom, Kent Pearsson. Martin Hopp, Krister Johansson, Bjorn Ardin, Tony Donges, Anders Lantz, Stefan Svenson, Krista Carling, Michael Mahnquist, Hannarvack, L. Rodeblad.

Norway
Inge Bugge, John Grossland, Steiner Stolen, Krista Aaserud, Aage Kristinsson, Kara Haug.

The reports in ‘Drag Racing News’ and ‘Hot Rod & Custom’ don’t help either.
 #7877  by JonC

There is no one in either of those lists who isnt either instantly recogniseable, or running fuel or 'pro stock'.

Hmmm, a real poser...
 #7880  by Badger

Inge Bugge had a blown altered I think in PC. Kare Haug (the Haug Brothers) from Norway later ran Stolen's spirit of Norway 84 vette I think in PC. Could this be there first entry in Pro Comp?
 #7881  by jaytee

I think Inge Bugge was racing a dragster in 81,there's a shot of the car on the mystery rear engine car thread
 #7883  by JonC

JonC wrote:Was the Snap On car Conny Andersson?
My bad, this is Conny

The godlike Peter Jones picture, featured on the always excellent Acceleration Archive.

Heres a connected conundrum. Is this the same Conny Andersson (double S) who ran Top Fuel in the early 1990's?

Is it also (perhaps more intriguingly) the same Conny Anderson who attempted to qualify for a couple of F1 races in the 1970's?
 #7941  by muddytalker

JonC wrote:
JonC wrote:Was the Snap On car Conny Andersson?
My bad, this is Conny

The godlike Peter Jones picture, featured on the always excellent Acceleration Archive.

Heres a connected conundrum. Is this the same Conny Andersson (double S) who ran Top Fuel in the early 1990's?

Is it also (perhaps more intriguingly) the same Conny Anderson who attempted to qualify for a couple of F1 races in the 1970's?
I think Jon the answer lies in the 'It ain't John Force so who is it' thread below. Not sure about the F1 races through. I take it you mean the pukka World Championship and not some domestic series of the seventies like the Aurora British F1 series!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=59&st=0&sk=t&sd=a& ... +who+is+it