UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#23375  by harry

the_lovely_liz wrote:You can rule out any of the Lizards, as mentioned earlier. We scrapped the fueller chasis. After it's 3rd crash!we decided it was unsafe to rebuild. The Pro Comp Lizard went to Finland and is now a 2-seater apparently. So that has knocked 2 out of the equasion
Hi Liz
Here is pic from car in Finland in year 1981.
harry
Attachments
Pure Jenkki Pro Comp Dragster
Pure Jenkki Pro Comp Dragster
81 Pure Jenkki PC.jpg (215.8 KiB) Viewed 11094 times
 #27561  by jaytee

I was thinking this might be it,but the roll cage is different,maybe someone new to the forum might know something
Attachments
!0aaJC0021.jpg
!0aaJC0021.jpg (52.2 KiB) Viewed 10587 times
 #27563  by herb andrews

jaytee wrote:I was thinking this might be it,but the roll cage is different,maybe someone new to the forum might know something
Thing to remember is anything can be modified and over the years possibly has been. so in this case the cage is different but does the rest of it look right? As you say John, we need fresh eyes to have a closer look.
Dave gibbons wrote:Bloody hell, I'd forgotten all about Andy Grimwade....Dave
Theres not much that can be added, here on the forum, but life around Andy was an experience, for sure. He was living in Florida, is anyone in touch with him?
 #27566  by Dave gibbons

Fair point Herb, but the car we're seeking has a 5 point cage, and this one has a 6 - I doubt that anyone would retro-fit a 5 point.... But the rear wing looks about right.

Happy new year

Dave
 #27579  by eraider

Dave gibbons wrote:Bloody hell, I'd forgotten all about Andy Grimwade....Dave
Theres not much that can be added, here on the forum, but life around Andy was an experience, for sure. He was living in Florida, is anyone in touch with him?[/quote]

Someone proporting to be him, posted on R n S to say he's now living in Thailand
 #28850  by ukdrn

This looks close although the rollcage is different
pl.jpg
pl.jpg (71.22 KiB) Viewed 11215 times
sling09.jpg
sling09.jpg (257.08 KiB) Viewed 11215 times