UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#28390  by Restoguys

We have Gloink, Bill McGrath's Triumph Roadster from the late 60s. No engine or box but It's worth restoring, running gear all there, ally body etc, interior missing. Has anyone got any history? I've found some pics online but not much info. We may restore it ourselves unless we get a realistic offer. 8)
 #28392  by shabby1

Thats the car-One of my personal favorites from the late 60's,it ran homebuilt fuel injection at one time.
I've got a photo of it in the pits in about 68/69 somewhere.
The late Bill McGrath later became a leading Maserati restorer/tuner.
Please restore it!
Chris
 #28395  by cunningplan

timetravel wrote:there's a few pics including detailed shots of the injection setups Bill used in the '67, '68, and '69 Brian Sparrow galleries here...

http://www.timetraveldvds.co.uk/page104.html

that's a great pic BTW Tony, where d'ya dig that up from???
In Alan's AA site ;-)
http://www.theaccelerationarchive.co.uk ... re_01.html
 #28400  by Restoguys

One of those is a Pete Quinn photo, I knew him in the early 70s, anyone remember a Capri he was connected with that had 'rainbow' type stripes running down the centre of the car? There was also an identical tow car that we used to service at our garage. I'm trying to upload a couple of photos of what Gloink C/CA17 looks like now but I can't seem to get them to appear! :?
 #28404  by Restoguys

Here is what Gloink looks like now. A bit sad but worthy of restoration. Has anyone got original pictures of the interior and rear view please?
Still on the truck
Still on the truck
Workshop0002.JPG (2.44 MiB) Viewed 8713 times
Workshop0001.JPG
Workshop0001.JPG (2.19 MiB) Viewed 8713 times
 #28408  by muddytalker

There doesn't appear to be too much about I'm afraid. I have looked through all the Drag Racing & Hot Rod magazines that I have got without success. This all all I can come up with but what I want to know is where did you find it, how did you get to know about its existence in the first place as its one hell of a find. I remember of it but I was just a nipper at the time but dad remembers it. Please, please, please restore it and if you want to put the car on display as its being restored at the Hot Rod Drags or Nostalgia Nats then please get in touch.
001.jpg
001.jpg (663.6 KiB) Viewed 8703 times
002.jpg
002.jpg (361 KiB) Viewed 8703 times
 #28412  by ukdrn

What a fantastic find and as you say well worthy of a restoration.
I'm sure our members will be searching around for pictures
Nobby-112.jpg
Nobby-112.jpg (92.78 KiB) Viewed 8494 times
 #28416  by eraider

Restoguys wrote:Here is what Gloink looks like now. A bit sad but worthy of restoration. Has anyone got original pictures of the interior and rear view please?
Workshop0002.JPG
Workshop0001.JPG

Not pretty, but a fantastic find.
I'll pm Sid a link.