UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#40138  by shasta
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:27 am
Posted a video of the bike turning over for the first time. It has got the plugs out and the clutch dis-engaged but it's a start. Be attempting it again with the plugs in and if it spins over fast enough, I'll go for a start!
Video at https://youtu.be/E7LnnzPKNxk
 #40139  by NitroWars
 Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:54 am
Very nice, you've done a good job there. Thanks for posting and I am looking forward to the next instalment and seeing the bike back on the track.
 #40151  by shasta
 Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:11 pm
First starter motor came to nowt! Even with 24 volts through it, would not turn the engines over. Borrowed a small hi-torque starter motor from a friend who took it off his small block Chevy. However after weeks making up an adaptor to fit my starter 'spider' and making a handle arrangement, it all came down to a big FA in the spinning the motor over department!! I can't risk putting 24 volts through his motor as he wants it back undamaged, so the hunt continues. Anyone got any big hi-torque starters around under a bench?
 #40154  by shasta
 Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:27 pm
Now building a 6:1 reduction gearbox to fit on the current starter I have. This should obviously increase the torque 6 fold with a similar reduction in speed but it should only need to spin over a few turns to fire up!
Be back with the update in a few weeks!