UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#7123  by Geofstilwell

I found some of my old programs from the early 80's and looking down the list it is so surprising to see so many people that are still involved in this great sport and how they have progressed.

example: April 1-4th at Santa Pod 1983

Bob Jarrett ...Stripteaser Hmmm...whats he up to to now!!! Steve Johnson..Cosworth powered dragster

Gary Page - Panic Funny Car Al O'Conner - Al's Gasser Steve Green

But what is sad is how many are no longer with us. So who else was around in the 70's or 80's that still race today?
 #7125  by Furyous

But by the same token, if you look around, there is an awfull lot of people who have been in the sport for a LOOONG time.....

I cant think of any other (amateur) motorsport that offers the levels of loyalty that drag racing enjoys.
 #7129  by MotorPsycho

my Dad was there at the first drag fest, debuted his first car in 1967, still about in 2008 :)
 #7130  by Geofstilwell

I went to my first race at Blackbushe i was 9 .....went on the back of my brothers motorbike. I was hooked. Seeing garlits etc just blew me away. My first trip to the Pod was 1967 and been going ever since...helping out some racers and then racing myself during 81-83 and desperate to get out there again. I must scan some of my old pictures and post them on here. I am still in touch with numerous racers i met years ago....so your exactly right ...this sport forges friendships that last a lifetime.
 #7131  by Geofstilwell

I think Motorpyshco i may know your dad. We both have someone in common from our past. I am pretty sure your dad used to help out a guy called Bruce Brown who owned Age Machine that went on to be Roz Priors first car.
 #7133  by MotorPsycho

Yea my Dad, and his brothers Mick & Brian were good friends with Bruce.