UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#6757  by timetravel

Tuesday 10th September 1963 saw the first ever runs by an American Dragster on British soil when Dante Duce match raced the Mooneyes Chevy Gas Dragster with Sydney Allard in his Chrysler Dragster. Sadly on Feb 15th this year Dante Duce passed away. http://draglist.blogspot.com/2008/04/fa ... assed.html Here's a pic of Dante Duce in Mooneyes when the 1963 series moved up to Church Lawford. Who can identify the young chap standing in front of the Dragster who went on to be a leading light in British Drag Racing History..........
100.jpg
100.jpg (179.79 KiB) Viewed 7673 times
 #6758  by PhilSweeney

well whoever he is, he would have been in his early 20's in the mid to late 70's, so I'm guessing he's known from the either the late 70's (maybe too young for the 76 meeting) or early 80's ?
 #6759  by timetravel

PhilSweeney wrote:well whoever he is, he would have been in his early 20's in the mid to late 70's, so I'm guessing he's known from the either the late 70's (maybe too young for the 76 meeting) or early 80's ?
No not the kid in the shorts I ment the guy in the jacket holding a cine camera to his eye........
 #6760  by jaytee

That's sad news about Dante Duce,could the mystery be Roy Phelps
 #6762  by Jungle Pam

PhilSweeney wrote:oops what a wally I feel then !
Well the young chap in shorts is standing in front of the dragster as well! It was my initial thought too.
 #6763  by timetravel

jaytee wrote:That's sad news about Dante Duce,could the mystery be Roy Phelps
Well done jaytee, and that's his and Bob's FGR Plymouth pick-up behind the Mooneyes dragster
 #6767  by jaytee

Thanks Nick I remembered the Mooneyes footage from Time Travel 15 which also had footage of Mickey Thompsons Harvey Aluminium Special.