UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#38985  by eraider

2017 marks 25 yrs of Outlaw - Anglia and to celebrate this i've proposed a rerun of the 1st event that ran over two days at two venues. The feeling is that Nostalgia National at Shakespeare County Raceway would be best place for this to happen. Making it a one venue event. Suggestions of BBQ and party have been mooted. A street Pop shootout is also a possibility for the Friday,
Early days yet and we'll see what develops.
 #38986  by timetravel

sounds good... doesn't seem like 25 years ago, how time flies :o
 #38987  by ukdrn

Sounds like a good idea. I love the OA's.
 #38988  by martyn b

makes me feel bloody old...but should be very ... ahh ... popular!
 #39053  by eraider

Happy to share that following discussions. Tee shirts and stickers baring the 25 yr anniversary of Outlaw Anglia design, will be available at the Nostalgia Nations. Its hoped that posters will be available at the Awards evening in January. Thanks to Martyn Payne, Alan Martin and Tom Pugh for their help and hard work. Please show your support if possible by placing orders at the awards evening.
 #39054  by ukdrn

I'll help anyway I can.
 #39073  by jai_ford

Hi all Anglia's got to be the most popular body shape in drag racing excuse the pun, I wonder how many of the original cars are still about even together always thought they were mental as a kid,remember the mental wheelstands the unfortunate crashes of some great cars most memorable has to be bob nixons tube car at the pod hit the fence feet from us tightening the flywheel on the 100e still can see door I believe flat on the floor, awesome class stood the test of time i can remember a few defying gravity as the class took off literally
 #39085  by Brett Featherstone

Wild days indeed, would rather forget that pass though still remember Tim cook saying to me as we were in the staging lanes be careful there's a really strong cross wind at the finish line he was not wrong.never really understood how you go about drag racing carefully,that was not in the outlaw Anglia DNA
 #39101  by jai_ford

Hi Brett thanks for responding sure was well up there with most memorable drag strip moments for a youngster, did you have the snow plough flip front on it for that pass as can remember a few lifting with same front ends as you drove the bob Nixon tube chassis car if I'm right, see carters old car resurface also think mr Mopars pro mod pop could come out from hiding can't wait :D