UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#2155  by muddytalker

Never knew the NDRC were involved in Screamin' Alley Raceway until I saw this news snippet from the 1986 issue of ‘Street Machine’.
 #5725  by STP300E

WOW!!! I've just stumbled upon this site by accident, it is what I have been looking for for years to find somebody else that remembers Screaming Alley. I went to most of the events that took place and was gutted when it stopped. Their strip itself is still their although it is used as a service road for industrial units and now has speed humps. I have got some of my photos on http://www.myspace.com/screamingalley. I've noticed that i'm in the photo of the yellow pro street Consul as shown by Timetravel. I'm actually standing looking in the engine bay.
I have a lot more photos of screaming alley,trying to work out size (pixels etc)
I have a lot more photos of screaming alley,trying to work out size (pixels etc)
LINE UP FOR STRIP.psd.jpg (50.6 KiB) Viewed 23217 times
A copy of an article from the local paper
A copy of an article from the local paper
SCREAMIN ALLEY 3.jpg (71.51 KiB) Viewed 23208 times
Fatneck racing
Fatneck racing
fn pop 4.jpg (29.43 KiB) Viewed 23213 times
Attachments
A v8 101 victor. There is a lot more photos nice to know people still have intrest in old drag racing.
A v8 101 victor. There is a lot more photos nice to know people still have intrest in old drag racing.
gs motors 2.jpg (22.98 KiB) Viewed 23940 times
 #5736  by sjb

that aint a Vauxhall 101 there at the end is it,never seen one of them in drag racing before :? for some reason
 #5744  by STP300E

I m glad you spotted that one I think it is a fc victor or vx490 fc
gs motors 3.jpg
gs motors 3.jpg (94.39 KiB) Viewed 23783 times
:lol:
gs motors 1.jpg
gs motors 1.jpg (72.93 KiB) Viewed 23783 times
If I think about it thats the only one I have seen on the strip or customised.
If I think about it thats the only one I have seen on the strip or customised.
gs motors 4.jpg (76.45 KiB) Viewed 23783 times
 #5748  by sjb

yes thats the only one ive ever seen at or on the drag strip for some reason :? as i always liked that shape,i no they rusted alot but so did some of the other Vauxhalls.That one looks real good with the tip down ride hight.
 #5749  by timetravel

I remember seeing a Pro Street Victor 101 at the Chelsea cruise about 20 years ago but you can't beat a nose bleed rake. I bet it was a handfull on the street.
 #5764  by STP300E

Here are three more Vauxhaul pics from the strip
pa 1.jpg
pa 1.jpg (38.96 KiB) Viewed 22915 times
Attachments
fer 1.jpg
fer 1.jpg (56.76 KiB) Viewed 22915 times
v2.jpg
v2.jpg (62.8 KiB) Viewed 22914 times
 #5766  by STP300E

I think thats all of the vauxhaul pics
v1.jpg
v1.jpg (37.13 KiB) Viewed 22850 times
LOOK  what I found in the box of photos, bet you can't guess what it went to?  No its not an Allegro but close, it had more than its fair share of Gremlins under the bonnet as it developed carb problems on the start line.  Answer at the bottom of the page.
LOOK what I found in the box of photos, bet you can't guess what it went to? No its not an Allegro but close, it had more than its fair share of Gremlins under the bonnet as it developed carb problems on the start line. Answer at the bottom of the page.
time slip.jpg (55.62 KiB) Viewed 22846 times
Fords were always popular, this was a regular visitor to the alley it was originally called Lolly pop.  It was blue or was it green can anyone remember it?
Fords were always popular, this was a regular visitor to the alley it was originally called Lolly pop. It was blue or was it green can anyone remember it?
red pop 1.jpg (55.49 KiB) Viewed 22848 times
Did anybody guess it?  Yes it was a 2.2 Austin Princess, has anybody seen one of these on the strip or customised before?  (This was one of my many cars at the time)
Did anybody guess it? Yes it was a 2.2 Austin Princess, has anybody seen one of these on the strip or customised before? (This was one of my many cars at the time)
blp1.jpg (58.28 KiB) Viewed 22851 times
 #5773  by JonC

A 2.2Princess? Running 13's?

I am guessing that was after they started running over the eighth then? lol