UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#999  by Badger

I've got some gaps in my magazine/papers collection, but what I don't know is the length of time some publications were in print. Therfore I don't know the extent of what I'm missing to complete collections in some cases.

In particular, can anyone help with the date of the last issue of Drag Racing News? The number of issues of Uk Drag Racing Magazine (I've got them from issue 1 - then missing lots through to No.24 in 87.
Drag Racing UK? Drag & Custom News, I've got 1,3,6,7, but how many where there? Finally, Fire-Up/European dragster, was there any Fire-up issue's between Jan and Apr 94?, and what date was the final issue of European dragster?
Oh and if anybody has a copy of March 84 Custom Car they're willing to part with - let me know! Any help with this one mucho appreciated!!

#1004  by sjb

aug 95 was the last issue of european dragster

#1008  by muddytalker

The last proper edition (!) of ‘Drag Racing News’ I have was February/March 1991 issued by the BNDRA. Although having said that I also have a 1991 Summer Supplement as part of the Souvenir Issue from the Avon Park PDA All-Star Drag Race (see earlier thread), and a photo copied original from June 1993, again with no issue number.

I think issue No. 24 for ‘UK Drag Racing Magazine’ was the last one so you’re probably spot on there, and the last issue I have for ‘Drag Racing UK’ - the official publication of SPRC and PDRC is, strangely enough, issue 24 November/December 1995. On the ‘Drag & Custom News' front you’ve got one more issue than I have - issue 7, and the last edition of ‘Fire-Up’ magazine I edited it was issue No.28 November/December 1993.

Hope that helps your cause!

#1013  by Badger

Thanks for the feedback guys - very much appreciated!

#1014  by Badger

Muddy, you don't happen to know what year/month 'Drag Racing Uk' started do you?
With 'Uk Drag Racing Magazine' I have #1-10 then sporadic issues through to #24, thing is some were single, some bi-monthly so tricky to establish the exact number of copies you're looking for. Best keep my eye on ebay i guess!
Thanks again.

#1031  by muddytalker

Don't know Badger. The starting issue for my collection of 'Drag Racing UK' is issue 3 April 1993.

#1033  by Badger

Thanks, gives me a good enough idea!