UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#4939  by muddytalker

Could this be an earlier shot of the Jag powered dragster 'Black Widow' (photo 3) taken at Long Marston! Been through all the programmes and I can't find an ID at all. Any ideas TT?
Photo courtesy of Les The Pres
 #4942  by Badger

I'm thinking that might be later than the previous pics of the car here. Late Eighties? Any clues to the year elsewhere in the pic MT?
By the way how is Les TP? We haven't heard from him here for ages!
 #4943  by herb andrews

[/quote]Could it be Martin Maxwell's car?[/quote]

That's news to me, that Martin ran a dragster. How long was that for and how did it run?
Who's chassis was it previously or was it new?
Herb
 #4944  by timetravel

muddytalker wrote:Could this be an earlier shot of the Jag powered dragster 'Black Widow' (photo 3) taken at Long Marston! Been through all the programmes and I can't find an ID at all. Any ideas TT?
Photo courtesy of Les The Pres
I reckon Badger's right and that's a later shot of the car. Looks like the blower has been lowered, the front end modified and new bodywork fitted. The only reference I can find to it is in the 1988 Santa Pod Supernats programme where the driver is listed as A. Brook
 #4945  by muddytalker

Well, I've been through all my Long Marston programmes from 1980 to 1989 and I can't find a reference point anywhere. Even in the days of the NDRC/NDRA switch over. Guess on this occasion the 'Black Widow' was a late entry!
 #4949  by Les-the-Pres

I can remember Dennis Cheredon turning up with a V12 Dragster, For some "test runs" I don't know if this is the one but from memory it didn't do very well, I don't know what his involvement was, I don't think he drove it maybe an advisor, It wasn't in the programme 'cos we didn't know it was coming.
Thanks for the thought Darren, I've been busy and I'm waiting for a new hip so everything takes ten times as long, Should be good for next year!! How long have I been saying that,,,,,,,,,,,,,Les S.
 #5583  by niceonesquire

i have banged my shins on that opel gt body more times than i can remember !! :lol:
 #8458  by RUNWAY RACER

Badger wrote:Couple more here ..
I am pretty sure that pic of the white dragster at York raceway is Jon Lovett before it got painted in the catch 22 colours.
I think Martin Maxwell did own it at one time, but I don't know if it was before or after the altered Raindance. The altered was purchased by the Draper Bros and then became the Reckless rat fuel altered.
 #8462  by JonC

I wondered if the white rail was the car Paul Jackson ran before he bought the ex Juha Leppunan (sp) / Tom Conway car that had filtered down to Brian Nixon as a S/Pro car a few years ago
 #8463  by Glen

Didn't Lindsay Deuchar run a white dragster that was Rodeck powered.