UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#4286  by jaytee

A few shots of the French Fuel Altered from Avon Park in 94,there was info on this car a while back somewhere on the forum
Attachments
1a90s1A.jpg
1a90s1A.jpg (73.31 KiB) Viewed 9897 times
1a90s2A.jpg
1a90s2A.jpg (58.61 KiB) Viewed 9897 times
1a90s3A.jpg
1a90s3A.jpg (55.49 KiB) Viewed 9896 times
1a90s 4A.jpg
1a90s 4A.jpg (74.24 KiB) Viewed 9896 times
 #4287  by Badger

Think we established the bones of that altered are Houndog 9 (Chevy Pup). Chassis and various motor parts, blower injector etc. The body could be the T the Prior's were running on the chassis at the time they were last with the car .. 89 perhaps.
One key piece missing though is the wheel, the altered has a butterfly set-up. Houndog, Warlock etc ran the circular steering wheel Nobby kept back from the wreck of the Houndog 7 Duster. An original component from Paula Murphy's time with the car. Maybe the continental owners changed it?
 #4838  by ukdrn

Badger wrote: One key piece missing though is the wheel, the altered has a butterfly set-up. Houndog, Warlock etc ran the circular steering wheel Nobby kept back from the wreck of the Houndog 7 Duster. An original component from Paula Murphy's time with the car. Maybe the continental owners changed it?
Darren here's a picture showing the Duster when it first arrived arrived in the UK but with a butteryfly set-up, was the wheel part of the original deal or was it something that Nobby purchased after?
Here's a picture of the car with the wheel from the Houndog Racing website
http://www.houndogdragracing.co.uk/
 #4839  by Badger

I don't know how the change of wheel came about. Here's a shot showing the later wheel in H7, the same item which went onto Houndog 8. Think you might get a decent view of it in H8 in the shot you had in the last round of rotator pics (Autoglass FC screen / motor close-up).
Pic from http://www.houndogdragracing.co.uk
Attachments
wtd-misc-24.gif
wtd-misc-24.gif (142.5 KiB) Viewed 9640 times
 #4897  by ukdrn

This picture looks like it solves the small mystery about the original Duster wheel,as you can see in the pic the steering shaft is being replaced to fit the butteryfly set-up.
Picture:Colin Barlow
 #20827  by Andy Burfitt

flying toilet wrote:Did Neil Taylors Camaro then become Simon Farmers Pro ET car? Looks the same.

Also theres the corner of Harlan Thompsons Budweisrer cab in the Lex Joon pics.

Was that the Night Of Fire event or Super Series? Didnt Rob Guerain (sp) bring his nitrous Vetter over with Lex. This was in 1994 i am sure.

Neil Taylors Camaro did become Simons PRO ET car, it replaced his white 55 Chevy.
The Camaro ran BB Ford power in the hands of Neil.
 #32993  by SHepworth

This is the only play I can find good pictures of my Dad's (Bernard Hepworth) cars, apart from the ones we have around. Thanks for posting them. Please get in touch if you have any more