UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#35774  by REALITY

Thanks for that link tt lots of great pics, they where taken by Gary who crewed for me along with his pal Pierre back in the dim and distant past. Tony
 #35776  by shabby1

Some great photos on there.
Rare one of the Sundance Kid,that meet was the only time I saw it in the UK-At first glace I remember saying someone's bought Commuter!
Alan Hughes DC39 Hagon-framed Triumph Blood Sweat and Tears,longtime NEHRA member,He with the other 2 Alan's and his brother Bob built and ran the Incredible Hulk Altered.
Cheers
Chris
 #35777  by jaytee

thanks for the link, nice shot of Vic and Mr Big, any ideas on the bodyless Daimler engine comp altered on page 2 next to Fire Injun, looks like a 2.5 motor and running in Senior Dragster
 #35778  by timetravel

jaytee wrote:thanks for the link, nice shot of Vic and Mr Big, any ideas on the bodyless Daimler engine comp altered on page 2 next to Fire Injun, looks like a 2.5 motor and running in Senior Dragster
There's a 2.5 Daimler senior dragster in the programme run by P. Smith (possibly Phil Ziggy Smith) but it's SD/65 which is a different # to the one pictured :?
 #35781  by shabby1

A couple of guesses on the Daimler-powered rail/altered-
Ex Rick Fielding altered chassis with the body removed and a fairly stock motor fitted.
or
The Chilton ex-Hillbillies GTE bodied altered running without its body.
Just a thought,but might be too early in the '70's.
Chris
 #35782  by timetravel

shabby1 wrote:A couple of guesses on the Daimler-powered rail/altered-
Ex Rick Fielding altered chassis with the body removed and a fairly stock motor fitted.
or
The Chilton ex-Hillbillies GTE bodied altered running without its body.
Just a thought,but might be too early in the '70's.
Chris
Yep I think you've got it with the Chilton GTE car, if you compare it with this pic from '76 you can see lottsa similarities, like the chassis, headers, engine block colour... and the two pics are only one year apart.
http://www.timetraveldvds.co.uk/gallery ... get84.html