UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#29282  by timetravel

muddytalker wrote:What a great tribute to the TV series 'The Prisoner' Model T was. I bet the rod doesn't exist now.
rumor has it it's in a lockup in Essex somewhere....

it was originally built by Chris and Pat Church and they had it out at Blackbushe in 1970 where DLT took it for a spin...
1970 019.jpg
1970 019.jpg (32.92 KiB) Viewed 9145 times
TA-09.jpg
TA-09.jpg (450.29 KiB) Viewed 9145 times
 #29283  by Badger

Think it's a survivor Jerry 'The Prisoner', over on RnS in the 'Where are they now section' think I remember it's out of commission but still exists.
I'm making my first trip to Billing this year, particularly interested in the display CC and RnS are getting together of classic 70's 80's rods - I've never seen Revenge before or Silhouette so seriously looking forward to seeing those two promised cars, and if Small fry turns up like it did over the weekend at Drayton Manor it'll be well worth the visit!
 #29847  by muddytalker

Cunning Coupe racer Tony Smith recently passed me a pack of photos from one of the two Docklands Shows featuring the burnout demos from some of the UK's leading racers.
Dock 2.jpg
Dock 2.jpg (202.54 KiB) Viewed 8904 times
Dock 1.jpg
Dock 1.jpg (202.07 KiB) Viewed 8904 times
Dock 3.jpg
Dock 3.jpg (125.18 KiB) Viewed 8904 times
Dock 4.jpg
Dock 4.jpg (197.34 KiB) Viewed 8904 times
Dock 6.jpg
Dock 6.jpg (198.74 KiB) Viewed 8904 times
Dock 7.jpg
Dock 7.jpg (198.71 KiB) Viewed 8904 times
Dock 8.jpg
Dock 8.jpg (186.29 KiB) Viewed 8904 times
Dock 9.jpg
Dock 9.jpg (124.29 KiB) Viewed 8904 times
Dock 10.jpg
Dock 10.jpg (201.14 KiB) Viewed 8904 times
 #31040  by Rodger

The pictures of the rods and customs posted by ukdrn were all at the 4th Rod & Custom Show in Belle Vue, 1979.
1st photo is Desparado - Jag engined Jago T
2nd is The Prisoner, Chevy engined, Geoff Ridgway murals. ROD 5, this T's original registration was the first vehicle listed in the NDRC's Rodding Register and is reputed to be the first none-Jago built road registered T in the country. Jeff had built his own - circa 1965 OTR 66 - and then Zippety Zip for Howard Parks, his partner's brother.
3rd is Terry Musk's White Heat Capri. Al Llewellin (A & L Autos) modified the body and applied the paint and Terry built all the shiny bits in stainless.
4th behind the T for 2 is the original Boler T prototype which I think still exists.
5th is Dave Curtis built Little Tuff Nut - This TN7 was last heard of with a lengthened chassis and Rover V8 .
6th is Gary Belcher's V12T which still belongs to him and resides in the Haynes Museum
The Fiesta raffle car was originally a Ford project painted by Al Llewellin that was acquired courtesy of Ford's for the Old Ben Charity. Presentd to the winner and never seen again.
And Murty's wheelie Vauxhall needs no explanation

Regards,
Rodger
 #31043  by muddytalker

Hi Rodger

I haven't forgotten about the Chateau Impney programme scans. Its finding time at the moment but I will get them done. There's not much in the way of information about the 1974 MDRA show if any but I'll scout round and see what I can find. I may have the odd newspaper cutting or magazine report somewhere but certainly no photographs.

Jerry
 #31044  by niceonesquire

i have a few pics from the docklands show who do i send em to to get put on here cause they are not digital.
 #31139  by muddytalker

Did you send your Docklands pictures to anyone? If not you could always send them to me for the forum. :D
 #31140  by niceonesquire

ill send em to you no problem address needed
 #31160  by niceonesquire

why ever not are there nostalgic scammers about? :lol: :lol: