UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#2173  by ukdrn

Here you go Badger, a few more from the Wroughton meeting starting with a shot of the Hillbillies.

#2175  by JonC

Badger wrote:Thanks TT. Not only were we treated to coverage of the meet in Custom Car, we had Skilton's funny as centre spread that month if memory serves.
[comicbookguy] Best CC Centrefold, Ever! [/comicbookguy]

#2177  by ukdrn

JonC wrote:
Badger wrote:Thanks TT. Not only were we treated to coverage of the meet in Custom Car, we had Skilton's funny as centre spread that month if memory serves.
Iv'e never seen the Centrefold with Skilton. My favorite CC Centerfold is the Alleygator/Gladiator one :)

#2178  by Millevanille

The green gel coat is a trademark of Pat Cuss.
Is he still well and living in darkest West Country??

#2179  by timetravel

The summer of '75 was a good time for flopper fans in Britain as three weeks after the Wroughton meet another 7 funny cars were at Santa Pod including Bootsie in Stardust, Owen Hayward in Houndog 7, Dennis Priddle in his Avenger II, Phil Elson in Sneaky Gloworm, Roland Pratt in Hillbillies, Pete Barnett in the rear engined Ecstacy and over from the USA Dale Emery in the Chadderton & Okazaki Vega. Also to make it an 8 car field Dave Stone joined in the fun with his just completed Mk 2 Tee Rat Fuel Altered.

#2180  by ukdrn

timetravel wrote:The summer of '75 was a good time for flopper fans... Pete Barnett in the rear engined Ecstacy .
Nick what do you know about this car with the same name?

#2181  by timetravel

ukdrncouk wrote:
JonC wrote:
Iv'e never seen the Centrefold with Skilton. My favorite CC Centerfold is the Alleygator/Gladiator one :)
ImageImage There you go Jon........

#2182  by timetravel

ukdrncouk wrote:
timetravel wrote:The summer of '75 was a good time for flopper fans... Pete Barnett in the rear engined Ecstacy .
Nick what do you know about this car with the same name?
That was Ed Shaver's "Ecstacy" show car which never ran but just appeared at the '73 Custom Car Shows. The body came from the JWR Whistler and was modified by Pat Cuss and later ended up on the "Hillbillies" funny car. Pete Barnett's "Ecstacy" was the old Ed Shaver rear engined Vauxhall VX4/90 funny

#2183  by ukdrn

Thanks for the CC scan Nick, I have to agree that is a great CenterSpread, titter titter :)
Here's a picture of the JWR 'Whistler', I never had a clue that was the same car.

#2184  by ukdrn

2 good pictures of the 'Hillbillies' Avenger From Trevor Gardiner.