UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#2186  by Millevanille

What is the red altered running against the cortina?

#2187  by timetravel

Millevanille wrote:What is the red altered running against the cortina?
It's this one............ Image

#2189  by Millevanille

Dont remember the car, but it looks fabulous. Any times for this T?
Anders Lantz, didnt he have the that ribboned Model B?

#2192  by timetravel

At the July '76 Santa Pod Internationals Anders Lantz ran an 8.67/152m.p.h. in his petrol burning injected T altered which I think was his best run in that car over here and yes he did run the "ribboned" coupe (which was a Plymouth not a Model B) from 1972-1974. In the late 70s and 80s he ran in Pro Comp.

#2200  by jaytee

Was the Ecstasy chassis used on a later race car

#2202  by Badger

Thanks for posting the extra Avenger shots!

I didn't realise there were properties so close to the track. In one of the startline shots we see the Vauxhall Victor Wheelie car parked?

You can clearly see the reworked front arches on the Hillbillies new Avenger body. Modified to suit the wheel clearance on the existing chassis.
I'm looking to get the arches restored to original shape - as shown on Priddle's Avenger. I know it will take the 'originality' away from the body, but I just don't like the look of it.
I've got someone in mind who's expressed an interest in doing some repair work on it.
As for Pat Cuss he's still trading under the Fiberglass Applications name in Westbury. Producing one-off glass items for commercial uses.

#2210  by IanT

Hi Badger

The white semi you see in the Wroughton pics is just about the only dwelling on the Wroughton airfield site. When I was marshalling for the NDRC, my mate Keith Harvey (not Harvie!) actually lived in that house!

In those days the site was of course the 'Royal Naval Air Yard Wroughton' and Keith's father was a security officer on the site - living in the semi in those shots. So you can see why we considered Wroughton a 'home' track.

If you ever drive by Swindon or Wroughton you can still see the little white semi all by itself up on the top of the hill. THe hangars at Wroughton airfield now house some large exhibits - a kind of 'overflow/extension' to the Science Museum.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/wroughton/

#2231  by timetravel

jaytee wrote:Was the Ecstasy chassis used on a later race car
As far as I know it wasn't. The car was purchased from Ed Shaver by Roland Pratt in early 1974 but Pratt only used the body and built a new chassis himself.

#2232  by Badger

Thanks for the insight Ian. Good to hear the occupant of the house was involved. Noise nuisance just wouldn't describe those barking hemi's and Nitro BB Chevy's!

#2241  by scimmie

timetravel wrote:
jaytee wrote:Was the Ecstasy chassis used on a later race car
As far as I know it wasn't. The car was purchased from Ed Shaver by Roland Pratt in early 1974 but Pratt only used the body and built a new chassis himself.
Hi,

Here's some pics of the Roland Pratt's Hillbillies drag Scimitar:

If anyone has anyother pictures of the Whistler, Sizzler, Ectasy or Hillbillies Scimitars then I would love to see them :D

Cheers

Dave Poole from http://www.sporting-reliants.com