UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#6771  by dragracerdave

My Son Ben works a EDA, did'nt know you had the AMX, nice & rare car! you racing this year?
 #6772  by crampo

I hope to be, not looked at the dates yet. I get my work calendar confirmed on friday and then i'll plan from there. I remember'd Ben, are you racing the old flavell pop?
 #6774  by Badger

The Yank scene at York is very cool indeed. Always been a good Muscle car / door scene in the Yorks area 8)

But Dave, I reckon you should park the Pony and you and Ben campaign the Pop. Share the driving, Nice new coat of red paint on it, some wicked 'Pop Dragin' lettering and you're away!
 #6788  by fester

Looks like york will soon be our second drag strip :shock:
 #6790  by dragracerdave

Badger wrote:The Yank scene at York is very cool indeed. Always been a good Muscle car / door scene in the Yorks area 8)

But Dave, I reckon you should park the Pony and you and Ben campaign the Pop. Share the driving, Nice new coat of red paint on it, some wicked 'Pop Dragin' lettering and you're away!
Up until mid friday afternoon the Pop was sold, but the nice 'gentleman' called to say he'd changed his mind! So its still with us! Still for sale though.
Stop racing my Mustang! never! :lol:
 #6791  by dragracerdave

fester wrote:Looks like york will soon be our second drag strip :shock:
What am I missing? :?
 #6794  by Old Git

Possibly this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"But just hours before yesterday's full council meeting, draft correspondence from Stratford law firm Lodders Solicitors outlining a proposal for a smaller development at Long Marston Airfield, was leaked.

Lodders, acting on behalf of the Hodges family who own the 450-acre site - which hosts events such as Global Gathering and the Bulldog Bash - has set out the owners' plans for 2,500 new homes."
 #6795  by MotorPsycho

Old Git wrote:Possibly this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"But just hours before yesterday's full council meeting, draft correspondence from Stratford law firm Lodders Solicitors outlining a proposal for a smaller development at Long Marston Airfield, was leaked.

Lodders, acting on behalf of the Hodges family who own the 450-acre site - which hosts events such as Global Gathering and the Bulldog Bash - has set out the owners' plans for 2,500 new homes."
wheres this from?
 #6798  by TimeMachine

See Eurodragster where there is a press release that doesn't deny the above but also claims events will continue.

If thwere are houses built on the airfield drag racing will not last long - as we have seen it doesn't matter if there has been noise on the site since the dark ages, the minute you move into a house built next to it the noise suddenly becomes a problem that must be stopped.

Anyway that is quite enough speculation and soapboxing from me, it may all be hot air yet. Or an attempt to make a point - who knows?