UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#1011  by herb andrews

Thanks for putting it up Tony, theres some great pictures there. I've seen the site previously but did not realise how close Roland came to the caravan when the transcontinental went out into the field at the Pod.

I remember seeing the Topilino in Hot Car, it was on the cover, and then cycling to Blackbushe to see it for real. I always thought the proportions looked just right, as the short wheelbase ment the body did not need stretching. Wonder where the parts went when it was sold and broken up?

The picture of the Avenger at Blackbushe with the chute just coming out is neat.

Herb

#1041  by timetravel

herb andrews wrote:
I remember seeing the Topilino in Hot Car, it was on the cover, and then cycling to Blackbushe to see it for real. I always thought the proportions looked just right, as the short wheelbase ment the body did not need stretching. Wonder where the parts went when it was sold and broken up?

Herb
Image Yes it was a good looking car Herb. The body and chassis went to Colin Deans, Ray Tucker, Peter Lane and Glen Searle who raced it in '73 with at first a 303 Olds then a small block Chevy as in this pic which comes from http://www.theaccelerationarchive.co.uk They called it Earspliten Loudenboomer Image The injected Rat went to Bruce Brown for his slingshot Age Machine and I think the 12 Spokes ended up on Tee Rat.

#1055  by ukdrn

Here's a couple of pics of the car in action.
Image:Donald Cross
The second picture is a scan from the front cover of the 2nd issue of 'National Drag Racer' 1971

#1059  by timetravel

That's a great shot of "Hillbillies" smokin' out the hole. Younger viewers may think it's doing a burnout but that's the way they used to leave the line before wrinkle walls became popular!

#1084  by sjb

timetravel wrote:That's a great shot of "Hillbillies" smokin' out the hole. Younger viewers may think it's doing a burnout but that's the way they used to leave the line before wrinkle walls became popular!
thats the way i like to see em! :D :) :D
Perhaps someone should start a tire frying photo thread :wink:
Nick that was your rail that Bobs injected motor was put in for some smokey action wasant it,must of been fun!