UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#21566  by kal

This is like 20 questions Jerry.
That was good timing Phil. I was just having a look at the pictures when you replied.
The AJS I remembered, but not the rider's name.

In order, where known, they are:

The AJS of Dave Lowe.

Danny Johnson in 1973

Not sure about the next Harley, as I have no idea on the year. Is it an early Bartrum Harley, as both brothers did ride Harleys? The frame just does not look right though.

The next one is Chris Bartrum's 500 Norton

Pegasus

Final one has to be Norman Hyde and his Roadrunner.
 #21567  by paso

Keith you beat me to Pegasus and Chris Bartrums Norton.. :lol: Keep them coming Jerry this is great 8)
 #21568  by paso

What we need in this thread is a Street class bike pic .....
Attachments
first race.JPG
first race.JPG (55.45 KiB) Viewed 10110 times
 #21569  by kal

paso wrote:What we need in this thread is a Street class bike pic .....
OK - I give up.
You've beaten me on that one Phil.
I expect you know who the skinny kid is on the street Kawasaki - but it doesn't look like anyone I know. :lol:
Bet it made a fearful racket!
Wonder if he ever graduated to a proper bike?
 #21573  by jaytee

Could the Harley be Pete Gray's,looks like the SPA Anglia van in the background
 #21574  by kal

jaytee wrote:Could the Harley be Pete Gray's,looks like the SPA Anglia van in the background
I think you are right, Jaytee.
Pete's was the earliest Harley around, and I had not noticed the van, which helps date it.
 #21589  by jaytee

paso wrote:Ok here goes the first one at least its The AJS 7R engined bike built in the 60s by Tony Bryant, it passed into the hands of Dave Lowe he dragraced it but melted the cylinder head running on Nitro...he then fited a Tiger 100 motor..Dave retired from racing sometime in the 70s..The bike has returned to sprinting in recent times in the hands of Roger Pailes. It was out at the silverstone classic with the NSA this year. The bike was featured in an article in Vintage bike magazine last winter along with Rouge et Noir 2,Written by Mick Duckworth.
then+now
Attachments
!!!!!!!!!!!!AJS_.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!AJS_.jpg (100.16 KiB) Viewed 8886 times
!!!!!!!!!!!a6.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!a6.jpg (899.47 KiB) Viewed 8886 times
 #21595  by muddytalker

We're coming to the end of Turbo's collection but don't freat as more will appear.
TRI-2.jpg
TRI-2.jpg (46.64 KiB) Viewed 8874 times
REVILL_1.jpg
REVILL_1.jpg (100.3 KiB) Viewed 8874 times
PEGASUS.jpg
PEGASUS.jpg (43.83 KiB) Viewed 8874 times
 #21596  by kal

Looking at the last three pics, these three are all in the book, and are well known.

The first 8 second runner in Britain - Keith Parnell's 750 Triumph.
Picture is not very big, but wondering if that is Derek Penfold centre, and Keith with a beard on the right?

Next is Terry Revill's Kawasaki gasser.

Last comes the quickest of the Norton runners, which needed no introduction.

Jaytee, interesting to see the two incarnations of the 7R /Triumph. Thanks for finding those.
 #21597  by muddytalker

I thought the same Keith when I first opened up the photo; that's Derek Penfold. Wasn't aware the other two were featured in your book. I won't see my copy of the book until Christmas compliments of dad.