UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#9964  by muddytalker

ukdrn wrote:Beauty and the beast, isn't that Warbird a tidy bike.
indeed Jon. Both bikes will have competed in the late sixties or 1970 time with these numbers. The ‘Warbird’ bike (CCS251) was a 998cc Vincent owned by R.E. Ditcher and was a Class C bike (751cc to 1000cc) but I haven’t a glue about the other machine. Nick will be along shortly…
 #9970  by jaytee

I think the second photo could be Mick Butlers twin Norton,anyone got any shots of his Weslake V twin bike.
 #9990  by ukdrn

Here's some of my own from 1998 starting at Easter.
The Cross Brothers took over the old Readspeed car for 88 and impressed from the start, with Brian driving the boys got as quick as 7.81@196 at Easter, the great Jim Read looks on.

Alan Jefferey's 'Deadringer' 1425 Kawasaki funny bike.

Len Paget's new 'White Lightning' Pro Stock showing a few marks from where he a had a spill on the startline.

John Everitt's Chevy powered super gasser.
 #10005  by ukdrn

More from 88.
Easter and the first look at the ex Hoover 'Showtime' Trans Am.

Rookie John Niedowdz was driving the 'Cannonball'

Rune Fjeld's 'Motown Shaker'. A very quick funnycar team in mid 80's when the class was very strong.
While writing this I realized that 2008 was Rune's 30th year in top flight drag racing in Europe, Happy Anniversary Rune.
Motown Shaker's KB.

Easter Pro Drag winner Bjorn Ardin's KB.

Dick Cruse helps pack 'Starliner' away.

The 'Purple Power' Vette, not sure what event I took this at.
 #10107  by jaytee

A few well known cars from the 70s, Allan Wigmore standing behind Houndog,I can't put a name to the guy in front of Stardust,Brian Chapman maybe,thanks to Jon for developing the shots
Attachments
BW107.jpg
BW107.jpg (75.68 KiB) Viewed 7972 times
BW108.jpg
BW108.jpg (68.24 KiB) Viewed 7971 times
BW112.jpg
BW112.jpg (216.35 KiB) Viewed 7971 times
BW146.jpg
BW146.jpg (250.04 KiB) Viewed 7968 times
BW148.jpg
BW148.jpg (179.09 KiB) Viewed 7968 times
BW156.jpg
BW156.jpg (220.83 KiB) Viewed 7965 times
BW158.jpg
BW158.jpg (207.29 KiB) Viewed 7963 times
 #10778  by ukdrn

I think that might be the publicty shy DLT with team Houndog :)
Simon Davies Daimler powered Communication.
Pat Cuss - Bel Ray Streamliner.
The late Alan Ritmeisters Orpheaus Pro Comp.
John Whitmore's Drag N Fly
 #10939  by ukdrn

Peter Blake's Sabbath altered.
Barry Miller's Beautiful Noise 2.5 litre Daimler.
Santa Pod's Asphalt Alleygator get some attention
So does Maneater
The Stones Tender Trap.
 #10958  by sjb

ukdrn wrote:
martyn b wrote:Back on page 9, the "Sunset " altered was run by Wally Flanagan and Pete "blazer" Morris. The car had many parts that were in the original "T Rat". Pete and Wally were both members of the Eastern Cruisers street club based in Romford, which did a great deal in the promotion of both Drags and Street Rods. Club membership names read like a whos who with names like Keith Harvie, Tony Merry, The Stones, Norm Wilding, and many others with Custom Car & Hot Car magazines as regular visitors whenever they needed some copy!
Picture:Terry Ayres dont think ive missed it anywhere on here but does anybody no what thar car is on the right with the star on the rear querter? MK2 Zephur?
 #10963  by timetravel

sjb wrote:
ukdrn wrote:
martyn b wrote:Back on page 9, the "Sunset " altered was run by Wally Flanagan and Pete "blazer" Morris. The car had many parts that were in the original "T Rat". Pete and Wally were both members of the Eastern Cruisers street club based in Romford, which did a great deal in the promotion of both Drags and Street Rods. Club membership names read like a whos who with names like Keith Harvie, Tony Merry, The Stones, Norm Wilding, and many others with Custom Car & Hot Car magazines as regular visitors whenever they needed some copy!
Picture:Terry Ayres dont think ive missed it anywhere on here but does anybody no what thar car is on the right with the star on the rear querter? MK2 Zephur?
It's a Mk2 alright Steve, the ex-Rocky II, Tim Claxton's Victim, that might be Tim standing next to it, I expect he'll be along to confirm later, nice banded steels........