UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#8347  by Ian

Here's some pics of the ex-Captivation Opel GT, now owned by Phil Otley, who is rebuilding it and should soon be back out on the track.
The front end has all been rebuilt and a big block Chevy fitted. A bunch of small, time consuming jobs left to do plus it's going to have the rear wheel arches reworked and the one piece front bodywork is going to be remade as this one is too flimsy. Phil has all of the body moulds for the Opel

It will be on static display at the 20th Hot Rod Drags in September and hopefully ready for the track in time for the Nostalgias next year.

Any old pics or info would be much appreciated.
Ian.
Attachments
Captivation 1.JPG
Captivation 1.JPG (105 KiB) Viewed 11338 times
Captivation 2.JPG
Captivation 2.JPG (111.11 KiB) Viewed 11338 times
Captivation 3.JPG
Captivation 3.JPG (127.72 KiB) Viewed 11337 times
Gis a go mister.JPG
Gis a go mister.JPG (95.35 KiB) Viewed 11339 times
Captivation 4.JPG
Captivation 4.JPG (83.76 KiB) Viewed 11339 times
 #8367  by Badger

Don't these little opels make super sweet race cars! I'm really looking forward to seeing this at the HRD .. thanks for sharing the pics with us. :D
 #8656  by paulnjuls

hiya ,,i have some info on the car ,,the chassis was orginally built by i think it was RHD but had to be altered majorly due to thinks not lining up suspension not fitting etc ,,

the car was built by alan morgan in his garage around the corner from myself ,,my late dad did quiet a bit of work for alan on the car ,,as he worked with fibreglass for a job alan asked him to sort the body out ,,as it was twisted very badly ,,rework the rear arches etc etc ,,the car took nearly 18 months to build ,,the engine was a 400 pontiac ,,alan was going to put a bigger motor in once used to the car ,,will have a look through the box of drag racing pictures i have and see if theres any of the buildin of the car for you ,,hope this helps a bit ..

paul
 #9591  by Ian

PhilSweeney wrote:anybody got some contact details for the owner of this car ?
I have Phil, he's a very good mate of mine.
Email me at forwardlook59@hotmail.com and I'll send you some numbers.

Ian
 #9632  by Ian

Thanks Phil,
Emailed you back and will also pass on your message.

While we're here, does anybody have any pics of this car when it was racing?
 #9715  by muddytalker

And here I am. Ian I seem to recall I placed a few photos of 'Captivation' on another thread for you somewhere, but here's a few more for you.

#9723  by Ian

Those pics there are great, thanks Jerry.
I think you posted a couple in the HRD thread last year.