UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#5871  by jaytee

[quote="herb andrews"][quote="jaytee"]Would Nick have been the last one to race this style of car in the UK[/quote]

No. Pat Cuss was more recent. No one else comes to mind.
Herb[/quote]
Herb I was thinking about Timetravels Topolino slingshot from the 90s.
What became of this car Nick?
 #5872  by timetravel

jaytee wrote:
herb andrews wrote:
jaytee wrote:Would Nick have been the last one to race this style of car in the UK
No. Pat Cuss was more recent. No one else comes to mind.
Herb
Herb I was thinking about Timetravels Topolino slingshot from the 90s.
What became of this car Nick?
Image I sold it to Ron Roper in 2001 who ran it for a couple of seasons then he sold it to Andy Kirk who had big plans for the car but ended up breaking it up
 #5878  by Oldboy

Just came across this in 'Roddin at Random' 1969 Hot Rod, Answers some of the questions.
Attachments
PeteMillar1.jpg
PeteMillar1.jpg (238.08 KiB) Viewed 9676 times
PeteMillar2.jpg
PeteMillar2.jpg (429.02 KiB) Viewed 9677 times
 #5893  by herb andrews

Hellfish, thanks for the alert about the Nov 1970 Custom Car, featuring Cresent Coupe, on Ebay, I won it!
It arrived today ( original cost 3s, 15p!)

It answers some of Stormin Norms questions :
1. Did the car arrive in sweden with its blown SB Ford?
2.When was the hemi fitted and did it run in Sweden with the hemi?

The editor, Michael Hill wrote
Chicken Coupe was originally powered by a blown SB Ford, which in 1966 ran in the mid eight second range at up to 187 mph. He fitted the 354 Hemi whilst the car was still in the US, after the car had to be almost completly rebuilt after getting her out of shape. In 1968 Pete shipped the coupe to Sweden but en route she got damaged, lost a lot of parts and consequently never made the Swedish strips in competition.
On a visit to Sweden in 1970 the Riswick/Priddle/Gane/Pritchard syndrome took an interest in her welfare and brought her over to England.They removed the Chrysler mill for their new fueler and sold what was left to Cliff and Mike

Back in the mid 90's I have the pleasure of having lunch with Pete Millar (pronounced mill air), Ed Iskenderian and Nick Arias in LA. Pete was about to relaunch his cartoon magazines and he had some proofs with him. He gave me a couple and I got Pete, Ed and Nick to sign them. Pete said he was still in contact with the current owners of Chicken Coupe. Hindsight is a great thing, I should have asked pete, Storming Norms other question, Where is the chassis or body now?

Those pictures of Frank Pedregons coupe are amazing, To me , the deep red ones looking even better than Petes coupe.
Stormbringer, that must have been wild seeing it run at 'the Lions'.

Herb
 #8107  by CLIFFJONES

Re: Collectors on Crescent Coupe's Chevy.
I never got around to asking my partner Mike Treutlein about them but I always thought they were off an F5000
engine. Regards to all, Cliff Jones.
 #8110  by stormbringer

CLIFFJONES wrote:Re: Collectors on Crescent Coupe's Chevy.
I never got around to asking my partner Mike Treutlein about them but I always thought they were off an F5000
engine. Regards to all, Cliff Jones.
Hi Cliff,
Welcome to the forum,I know this is a bit off the topic but I thought you might be interested to learn that your old GTO(the one you sold to the Late Tony Dickson) is being restored and that I discovered that Len Beech still owns The A40 (ROD 401). when I saw the A40 ,2 yrs ago it looked in about the same condition it was when I sold it to you all those years ago!!! Len was moving to Southend or Clacton and said he planned to restore it. I hope to visit the US later in the year ,maybe we could meet up again? I think the last time I saw you was in LA in the 70's?
best wishes
Pete Crane
 #8129  by CLIFFJONES

Hi Pete.
Thanks for your note. I'd love to meet up with you when you come over.
Maybe we could go and bother Clive Skilton and Keith Harvie while you're here. :-)
Best regards, Cliff Jones.
 #8134  by stormbringer

CLIFFJONES wrote:Hi Pete.
Thanks for your note. I'd love to meet up with you when you come over.
Maybe we could go and bother Clive Skilton and Keith Harvie while you're here. :-)
Best regards, Cliff Jones.
Sounds great , I look forward to seeing you and the others around world finals time (I'm coming over on "the Trip2America") I'm not sure about how to make contact with you ,perhaps if you gave Jon Spoard your email address he could forward it on to me or vice versa? Let me know,thanks.
Best wishes
Pete
 #8141  by herb andrews

Cliff, welcome to the forum.

Do you have any leads as to what happened to the race car?

We might end up building a replica, only not Ford powered.

Herb