UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#3563  by cunningplan

Just clicked on http://www.topnitro.co.uk/ and stage coach was on top of the page, as I said before, this is with the Sharps down in deapest Dorset, with Dan having the body to sit on the old Bubble Gum chassis.
Bunt phoned up (Well Dinah did at first) to see if my other half was going to the track this weekend as they were, I asked Bunt how the Horn was getting on, it turns out more or less finished, while Dans body is now ready for a mold to be taken off so they can have a lighter one made.
I know Norms old chassis will not tag, but cant wait to see them both out on the track again (Like my old Horn chassis is.) even if it only at test & tune events

Here is said photo (As the site shows a diffrent photo every time you go on it.)

#6816  by tony morris

Norm another one of your cars has shown up after 12 years in hiding, Apollo is coming back out this year after the owner Uwe Kulecki from Team Quicksilver put the altered to rest back in 1996. Team Quicksilver will be contesting the new Super Pro ET Challenge http://www.suproet.com/ in Germany this year with Uwe son Maximilian Kulecki behild the wheel.

This is how the Altered looks today.

Chunky Morris
 #6839  by Stormin Norm

Thanks for the info Chunky -It certainly doesn't look like a 28 year old car!!
Norm.
 #7478  by Anne's son

Hi Norm
Few blasts from the past for me to. Just to add to the list didn't you do a chassis for Jean Tidswell? which ran as Jean's T? Also I think the guy from near Chippy might have been called Paul something. I also recall a late 60' mustang in the garage for ages getting some of the Norm treatment. Hope you are well.
Anne's son

PS if you wanted to call a car "Planks" why wasn't it made of wood?
 #7479  by Stormin Norm

HI .
I dont recall doing a chassis for Jeans T. If you are Anne's son- Which one??
The car was called Plan X cos that was the code-name of the project which
had to be kept quiet.

Norm.
 #7482  by Anne's son

Hi Norm
Yeah - its' Julian!
The "planks" thing came up because I once overheard someone walking past the car in the pits saying to his mate: "I like a slingshot - but why did they call it planks?".
 #7483  by Badger

Jean's T was the Hang em high car previously. it was updated a bit in Jean's time with it - new cage - centreline's etc .. it was a really good car and ran right down into the low nines! Think 85 was there last year with it? Spencer??
 #7484  by gonzo

Hi badger, not spencer but his long time friend and brother in law alan from gonzo racing, your spot on with the hang em high car. Jeans best with the T was an 8.64 if my memory serves me correctly.
 #7490  by Badger

Thanks Alan, Jeez I didn't realise the car had been that quick!! :shock: 8)