UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#7526  by ukdrn

Here's some pictures from SCR's Nostalgia Nationals yesterday. A wide variety of cars were present with many teams working hard to get some decent performance from there machines. Some impressive runs from the Wild Bunch and also the Outlaw Anglia's with Paul Wright running down in the 7.4's made it a very entertaining day.

#7527  by muddytalker

Great pics as always Jon. Thanks for posting a shot of my dad's car; '58 Berekely (photo 6).
 #7528  by jaytee

Nice photos Jon is the yellow Stinger Bantam the car that Luke Bennett imported in from the US
 #7529  by Badger

Jaytee, 'the stinger' is the car Andy Haisell was running with a blown Hemi 10 yrs ago. Memorable for having big teeth over the 3 hole buzzard catcher windows and Ant Hill Mob graphics ..
 #7532  by TimeMachine

I've probably said it before and I'll probably say it again but I love the 'Anxious' pop :-)

The body on the Stinger altered looks as if it really needs to get reassociated with a big blown motor and play fuel altered... :D
 #7535  by jaytee

Thanks for the info,I'd agree with you TimeMachine about the car needing a blown motor,anyone know what happened to the Bantam Luke imported.
 #7536  by muddytalker

Photo by Dominic Romney/Modern Pics

Shakespeare County Raceway's moving tribute to fallen hero Scott Kalitta Sunday morning expressed by racers, hot rodders and track crew. RIP Scott.
 #7537  by ukdrn

muddytalker wrote:Thanks for posting a shot of my dad's car; '58 Berekely (photo 6).
Good to see your dad at the wheel again Jerry,I hope he had a good time, he must be the longest active racer in the UK I would guess, 40 years?