UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#6672  by hellfish

Anybody kno what happened to this car?I remember a mustang 2 f/c runnin towards the end of the nineties painted up as a cop car.I dont remember/kno who drove it but i do remember that it wasnt very succesfull :( I do seem to remember the last time it was out it ran well but the chutes never came out :shock: and it was never seen again. Wondered if this was the same car
 #6673  by fester

the chassis was in glen childs back garden 4 years ago i remember the sema tag on the chassis showed it was a pat foster car in the begining,i remember glen had bought it locally ,the axle was located by an intricate system of tubes as apposed to push plates,when glen went back to pick it up ,said locals had gas axed the backaxle out to help make it easier to take home,bless.Ithink but im not sure the body is with paul stubbins,iknow the body pauls got is the slick tricks racing mustang imported by stu vallance ,so if iron horse was the slick tricks then bingo,
 #6674  by TimeMachine

This was the car that we ran in Pro ET in the early 90's on an old Panic chassis (the same one that was under our Rover V8 T-Bucket and Mondeo Funny Car) and eventually ended up in the hands of Wendy Baker and Paul Stubbings (although on a different chassis) who ran it as a police car.

Time Machine 3:

Police Car:

See also this thread for some more (possible) history on this body: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=280&start=16
 #6675  by Glen

I must admit I would still like to of known that chassis's full history. I purchased the chassis and a beretta body from the Cheltenham area, got it home and started checking it over. It had a SEMA tag so gave them the details who got Pat Foster involved. The chassis builder turned out to be Jamie Sarte, who was very popular around the seventies, Shirl Greer, Tom McEwen had a Sarte chassis at one time. The chassis as Bill mentioned had a rather trick way of mounting the rear axle, which was typical of the builder. At some stage the car was front ended to modern spec and meet the beretta body, which was identified as the jwr opel senator. whether the chassis and body ran as one I'm unsure. Sold on the body, left with the chassis. Then one sunny Sunday afternoon Mr Felstead turned up and noticed the chassis sitting there and said that looks like Mike Burt's old iron horse chassis. And finally, sold the chassis to a chap Richard Bruton from up country, who has virtually finished i think turning it into a fuel altered with possibly a topolino body.
 #6676  by MotorPsycho

the history of it as far as I know, with some help from people on an American forum (nitrosim.com) when I was researching a few years back

built for Pat Foster in 1974 as Chicago Patrol with a Pat Foster built body
driven by:
Ron Colson
Dale Pulde (1976)
Ed O'Brian
Tom Anderson
Gordan Mineo
Fred Goeski

as I mentioned in the Sammy Miller thread it may have once been Sammy's car as well, Fred Goeski did convert it to run as a rocket car at one point so it is possible

In Europe:
Purcashed by Stu Vallance & Keith Bartlett and bought to the UK as Slick Tricks AA/FC
Sold on and became Liquidator econo F/C
Sold to Mike Burt and became Iron Horse, later War Horse

We bought the body from Mike in 1991 and sold in 1993 (I think)
Sold the body to a guy in West Drayton who later bought the complete car with Mondeo F/C body
The body was bought by Paul Stubbings/Wendy Baker and run as the police car for awhile before sitting around until present, I think they plan to use it again
 #6677  by Glen

Much of what you have mentioned MotorPsycho regarding the car when in the US is the info I received back. What I couldn't get was any decent pictures of when or 'if' the car was Slick Tricks or Iron Horse, unless there is somewhere on this site I haven't seen. But I would know the chassis back end instantly.
 #6678  by ukdrn

Here's one I've found of War Horse.
Click for bigger picture
WarHorse.jpg
WarHorse.jpg (134.96 KiB) Viewed 12298 times
 #6680  by Badger

When I saw the 'Cop Car' run at Shakey, I think the late Chris Worsell was at the wheel. Dave Wilson had worked his magic on the injection I think and it ran a nice strong eight something!

Wasn't the name 'Crazy Jake' associated / mentioned in regard to the Slick Tricks FC? Think I've read that somewhere ..
 #6683  by fester

wow ,how do you guys know all this stuff,,,,,,,,,, :o as a recap there was only two mustang 2 bodies over her, im pretty sure of that ,the stones set fire to there one,,ex blue max i think so paul and wendys one must be iron horse, incedently the chassis they are using is the ex gladiator chassis which had stardust front suspension on it but paul has changed it back to torsion bar just like when it was chadderton and okazaki,,,,,,ive seen pics at the snowball and its almost finished.
 #6684  by hellfish

Do tell ,will this mustang body be run on the gladitor chassis then?that would look so awesome wouldnt it! They should pull some moulds off that body,people would love them in this current nostalgia age :D