UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#6526  by LostinFrance

Jane,
Don't forget to include on your website all the cars (and their builders) that were influenced by your father and Stripduster.
Nick (Timetravel) can help you with this.
 #6527  by Harry's Girl

I want to include as much interesting info as possible, all contributions, suggestions help etc etc will be greatfully received, I know now that its gonna be quite a task but hopefully can do my Dad justice.

The picture on this thread of the red car my Dad and Simon think may not after all be Stripduster, there are too many things that are not quite right, unless it was changed drastically. I'm still waiting for a reply from my email to Germany, will let you know if anything is revealed.
 #6531  by jaytee

Thanks for the info Jane looking forward to seeing the website,it'll be interesting to know how many other cars he was involved in building,was it Skiltons 2nd Revolution he built the chassis for,are you trying to get Stripduster back,it would be nice to see a piece of UK drag racing history restored to it's former glory.
 #6532  by Harry's Girl

jaytee wrote:Thanks for the info Jane looking forward to seeing the website,it'll be interesting to know how many other cars he was involved in building,was it Skiltons 2nd Revolution he built the chassis for,are you trying to get Stripduster back,it would be nice to see a piece of UK drag racing history restored to it's former glory.

Wouldnt that be a great idea !!! I know he built around 30 chassis over the years, will check if Revolution 2 was one of them
 #6533  by tony morris

Hi Jane, I took the time to call Gerd Habbermann in Germany to confirm that he did have Harold dragster. He told me that it was indeed the dragster that my dad had imported back in 1980. He also told me that it was still painted in the same colour that it came to Germany with, that he may also have some picture's of the car when he first collected the car from Frankfurt. I ask him if he would look for the picture's as this would help you with your website.

He said that he will try to find out who has it now, he had thought about buying the dragster back when it appeared two years ago on Ebay, he wish he had now.

I will repost the picture tonight so that you can see the front of the car when it was red.

Tony
 #6534  by Harry's Girl

Thanks so much for all your help Tony, I really appreciate it. I emailed Andrea again yesterday but still had no reply, maybe she is away from the pc or on holiday. If Gerd Habbermann does have pictures and any snippets I could include that would be fantastic. My Dad and Brother brought over loads of pics and info and mags to go through, so I have lots to work with now.

Thanks again for your help, if your Dad has anything I can use when he had the car I'd love to include his part of the story too.

Jane
 #6536  by tony morris

Hi Jane, just talk to my sister Andrea over in Germany. Can you please send me a phone number where I can call you to the following email address (removed)

Thanks Tony
 #6538  by tony morris

Here is the picture taken at Giebelstadt in 1987.

Gerd is around 6 feet tall so this is why the car was change around Tony
 #6541  by Harry's Girl

My Dad thought it may have been changed as the rules have obviously changed a huge amount since he built Stripduster. but a 6ft driver would make a lot of difference to the room needed in the cockpit, my Dad is only about 5'3"......
 #6547  by Harry's Girl

Jaytee, Clive Skiltons 2nd Revolution was indeed one that was built by Harold, it was one of 34 in total. Not sure that he will remember them all but I'll ask which others he was involved with. :D