UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#3690  by muddytalker

I believe the team picked up the Bilsport magazine deal in '77 or '78, and yes it's the same car as the Top Trumps cover card. In fact they brought the Opel over to England in that guise in 1976 and ran it at the opening round of the Tor Line European Funny Car Championships. Before then it had ran a 7.29 at Mantorp Park.
 #3691  by ukdrn

Thanks Jerry, great looking car.
 #3692  by herb andrews

A bit off the subject but thanks for the link, Badger, as there are pictures on page 3 of what was my Magnum Force altered chassis, rebodied with the black and red Coupe body, bottom left doing a burnout and central with the present lady owner.

I see the dropped tube front axle that Norm made for me is still intact, not bad as its 26 years old and the car still runs in the 7's.

Herb
 #4767  by tony morris

Last week I got a phone Call from Timo Habberman from Germany, it appairs they have sold there Opel Manta funny car Blue Swede IV back to Sweden.

The lastest photo of the car.

Also they may have sold the 27 roadster which Timo's grandfather Heinrich Habermann purchased from sweden in the early 80's to the same collector in Sweden.

I know this car came to England from Sweden in the mid 70's as I saw it race at Santa pod on a visit with my dad, I think it was 75.

This is how it looks today.

The Habberman's also owned the the Blue Swede III Camaro, which they later sold in 1985 to a local German. He then sold it to the late Peter Kruse who later race in Top Alcohol funny car.

Chunky
 #4772  by tony morris

That's it, and guess what it's not going to Sweden as today the new owner posted on the German dragracing website.

Chunky
 #4786  by tony morris

The new owner Jan has been in touch as he know my sister Andrea in Germany, she has been helping locate cars that were sold from Sweden to central Europe. He saw this post and has sent me some history plus has given permission to post some pictures of some of his collection.

The new home of the Blue Swede IV togather with the “Jungle Jim” Vega body now in yellow.

From Swedish magazine "Dragstrip" showing the Vega body when it was bought by Ryman/Larsson who used
it for there "Canon Vega" (editor dir. Bosse Bertilsson has given ok. to use this article)

415 cu.in. Hemi , set up for nitro , Crowerglide , direct drive, Olds/MT magnesium

RCS (Frank Huzsar) built AA/FD Slingshot 1966

511 cu.in. KB , set up for nitro , Crowerglide , B&J 2 speed , Dana 60

T-23 AA/FA 1975 , 108" w.b.

He is planning to restore the Funny Car as it was when “Jungle Jim” owned it.

This is the FC 117 which is the car he won the NHRA 1975 Summer Nats with.

The Manta body will be painted as it was in the late 70's, then he can switch bodys for different shows.

He also owns the following
"Pisano&Matsubara" "Flygvapnet" AA/FC Monza Funny Car 1975 (built by John Buttera) also know as the Lee-Anders Hasselströms "Flygvapnet" car, which he has two Monza bodys for and Datsun ZX280 body which "Lee-Anders" used from 1980.
"Black Magic" PC Monza Funny Car 1978 (built by Dennis Priddle)
Bantam Altered A/FA 1964 ( NHRA Niagara class record holder)
Top Fuel AA/TF 1976 (built by Näsberg&Westman)

Now you know where the Black Magic Monza funny car is, a big thank you to Jan for sharing his collection with us.

Tony morris
 #4794  by ukdrn

What a great collection of race cars, thanks for posting the pictures Tony and thanks to Jan for having the vision to keep these cars.
 #4801  by tony morris

Here is Jan's Bantam Altered that he put together as a project for Swedish magazine "Power" painted in candy and with gold leaf , Painted by Ray Hill.

Man it looks COOL

Chunky Morris