UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#3653  by ukdrn

Thanks Glenn, I always used to wish I was staying in that instead of our little old caravan.
 #4092  by muddytalker

Here's a shot of Steve Murty's Pennie Promotions Vauxhall VX4/90 from the back pages of Street Machine magazine. I believe that Steve still has this tucked away in his workshop still. Can anyone confirm!

#4093  by Badger

I believe that to be true MT. I know one thing - it was a handful!

Cracking picture of it, I'd say you've had a couple of boxes of Street Machine out today Muddytalker ..
 #4171  by muddytalker

No. Just found them lying around at the track the other day. Here's another one Street Machine used titled 'The World's Oldest Wheelie Car?' Photo was by Andy Willsheer.
 #4347  by ukdrn

Here's the Second Invention Vauxhall
SI.jpg
SI.jpg (61.87 KiB) Viewed 11747 times
Picture:Alan Moseley
 #5086  by muddytalker

Can anyone remember this crazy French wheelstander! Lupo's insane Renualt Espace pictured at Zeltweg in Austria.
 #5088  by TimeMachine

muddytalker wrote:Can anyone remember this crazy French wheelstander! Lupo's insane Renualt Espace pictured at Zeltweg in Austria.
I never saw that in the flesh but I remember his bright green new style beetle from Hockenheim a few years back, I believe it also came to the pod once or twice.

Talking of wheelstanders I remember going to Long Marston (as I think it still was back then) when I was a nipper (so in the 80's then - sorry if I make anyone feel old...) and seeing a huge red truck, I think it was a tanker, which reared up and settled on a jockey wheel on the back then started to perform pirouettes - does anyone else remember this and if so do they have pictures? I don't think I am imagining it,
 #5089  by cunningplan

TimeMachine wrote:
muddytalker wrote:Can anyone remember this crazy French wheelstander! Lupo's insane Renualt Espace pictured at Zeltweg in Austria.
I never saw that in the flesh but I remember his bright green new style beetle from Hockenheim a few years back, I believe it also came to the pod once or twice.

Talking of wheelstanders I remember going to Long Marston (as I think it still was back then) when I was a nipper (so in the 80's then - sorry if I make anyone feel old...) and seeing a huge red truck, I think it was a tanker, which reared up and settled on a jockey wheel on the back then started to perform pirouettes - does anyone else remember this and if so do they have pictures? I don't think I am imagining it,
Its what I think is now Steve Murty's Fire Truck, it was a cement mixer and was up at one of the Night of Fire events along with Ronnie's Kenworth jet truck (Lit the bonfire with it.)
 #5095  by TimeMachine

cunningplan wrote:Its what I think is now Steve Murty's Fire Truck, it was a cement mixer and was up at one of the Night of Fire events along with Ronnie's Kenworth jet truck (Lit the bonfire with it.)
I remember Steve Murty's fire engine in yellow as a Landtrain as shown on this page: http://www.ultimatemotorstunts.com/pages/wheelie.html - wasn't aware of where it had come from before this. Has anyone got any pictures of it?

I also remember seeing the Jet Kenworth run at North Weald many moons ago. I used to have the best seat in the house - sat as a passenger in the recovery truck. The only time I remember it ever having to go on track to recover a car I had just bought a tray of chips and they went all over the floor :-)
 #5104  by muddytalker

Tony, I don't believe that Steve's wheelie truck was ever cast as wheelie cement mixer. I seem to recall either in the late eighties or early ninties that another wheel standing truck was around at Avon Park and that it was red, but I recall reading that the driving was to be done by a school boy! How true that is someone else on the forum might be able to clairify!