UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#39531  by notenoughtime

Hey
I have just joined the forum and wondered how many people have any info on 'drag addict' the Austin ruby altered

Pete Hollingsworth originally owned it and then Robert hunt, last owner Steve Wootton and now me and a friend
Any info would be greatly received
 #39532  by notenoughtime

IMG_0154.JPG
IMG_0154.JPG (96.26 KiB) Viewed 8731 times
IMG_0153.JPG
IMG_0153.JPG (51.61 KiB) Viewed 8731 times
IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0152.JPG (37.6 KiB) Viewed 8731 times
IMG_0144.JPG
IMG_0144.JPG (911.47 KiB) Viewed 8731 times
 #39533  by notenoughtime

This is how it currently sits looking a bit sad for itself

IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0332.JPG (221.88 KiB) Viewed 8731 times
 #39535  by Drag Addict

Re above,
I acquired and ran Drag Addict from Rob Hunt in the early eighties and sold as a roller to a guy called Jerry Humpage in the late eighties , if you can try to get hold of a copy of issue 21 of UK Drag Drag Racer Magazine which features the car in detail prior to me selling it on and the start of the long list of changes (evolution ? ) which result in the car you have now.
The chassis as you are probably aware is not the original which was a basic box section frame in the main area and would guess this was done after Jerry sold the car on as I remember him telling me they had extended the original frame to accomadate a Chrysler block .

Hope this helps

Richard Moor
 #39536  by notenoughtime

Thanks for the info Richard

Yes I'm aware of the new chassis that was built and it hasn't been run since aparently

It does have a rebuilt Chrysler 360 motor on methanol 340/360 cam?? (I'll get a list once I pick it up tomorrow) with a rebuilt 400 box with reverse pattern shift new stall converter and original Westminster rear end now with discs and original slot mags and original 4 spoke fronts
The body has been narrowed but will get some fresh pics once collected