UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#39390  by jai_ford

Without a doubt my favourite event of the year and with the slingshot shoot out looking tasty with a few coming over from Europe,really shaping up to be a excellent weekend hopefully won't be spectating this year 7 weeks to go :D
 #39391  by ukdrn

The slingshot showdown entry is looking really good and that's without the UK's bit hitters entries yet.
These 2 in particular look very interesting. Any history on these?
Caj_Carlsson.jpg
Caj_Carlsson.jpg (48.95 KiB) Viewed 13730 times
Magnus_Larsson.jpg
Magnus_Larsson.jpg (122.32 KiB) Viewed 13730 times
http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_entrylist_dragstalgia17.php
 #39393  by herb andrews

Your in the right direction Plymoutharrow:

Danny and James Valencia used to ran it at Famoso in NE1, first injected on Nitro. Then blown on alky.

They sold it to move onto Fuel Altered, with 'Nitro Mas'
 #39394  by ukdrn

The blue slingshot is a genuine 1969 fuel car built by Don Long with the body done by Tom Hanna.
 #39395  by jai_ford

Thought I see similarities in it when my brother sent me a pic, looks very similar front end to the bonds slingshot and norms twin which I remember chatting to norm and him saying that priddles mr.revell car was best looking slingshot which was also a don long car I believe all very cool,
On another note if parts get here in time hopefully can test week before and be in the shootout ourselves probably be first round fodder but it's the taking part that counts :D
 #39396  by ukdrn

jai_ford wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:11 am
On another note if parts get here in time hopefully can test week before and be in the shootout ourselves probably be first round fodder but it's the taking part that counts :D
It would just be great to see the car move under its own power James. Fingers crossed the parts come on time.
 #39397  by timetravel

ukdrn wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:40 pm The blue slingshot is a genuine 1969 fuel car built by Don Long with the body done by Tom Hanna.
I saw this slingshot at the Dover Reunion last year. It also has a Don Long chassis and Tom Hanna body but is a year older from '68...
1502.JPG
1502.JPG (239.62 KiB) Viewed 13529 times
1501.JPG
1501.JPG (215.91 KiB) Viewed 13529 times
1500.JPG
1500.JPG (225.36 KiB) Viewed 13529 times
 #39400  by jai_ford

What a nice looking slingshot, fingers etc are all crossed jon going to be close but I've got faith should get it back next weekend from powder coat then we can crack on :D
 #39401  by timetravel

Some good looking Gassers from Sweden on the list... :D