UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#39336  by jai_ford

Evening everyone for those who don't have Facebook etc like myself just to let you all know we are now the proud owners of this beautiful slingshot thanks to Nick and Sue, car needs couple of little adjustments and putting back together
 #39337  by jai_ford

IMG_1506.JPG
IMG_1506.JPG (1.65 MiB) Viewed 12435 times
IMG_1508.JPG
IMG_1508.JPG (1.5 MiB) Viewed 12435 times
 #39338  by timetravel

beautiful car, look forward to seeing it out on the strip...
 #39339  by jaytee

Good news, looking forward to seeing it on track, what's the history of the engine

a shot from Dragstalgia a couple of years ago
Attachments
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ex.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ex.jpg (128.27 KiB) Viewed 12407 times
 #39340  by jai_ford

Hi Jaytee that's the day I first saw it and thought I want one hence building the ones on here on my build thread which needs updating, from what I remember nick saying the engine is out of one of the rat trap cars it's a nitro 417 Donovan, nick brought it complete and on one start up pulled the teflon out and cracked the case etc so hence the stage 4 littlefield blower on it now, nick attention to detail on this car is amazing we need to make a few nothing to major adaptations for my brother to be comfortable and go through engine side of things as we have picked it up in kit form, nick and sue with the help on nobby hills have gone through and checked a lot of it but as I'm building one of these at the minute don't want to cut any corners so once it's out it's out if you get what I mean, aiming for dragstalgia this year fingers crossed and hopefully by the end of the year side by side nitro slingshots thanks for looking all, will use this thread as a bit of a build thread and keep you all updated also my brother Kevin has it on the Facebook
 #39341  by jai_ford

Here's a few pictures to get things started as most of you know the plan was to let Chris hartnell drive so car was adapted by Steve field for this who's work is also exceptional, which unfortunately we will have to undo a little as my brother is 6.2
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1500.JPG (2.01 MiB) Viewed 12393 times
IMG_1502.JPG
IMG_1502.JPG (1.95 MiB) Viewed 12393 times
IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1509.JPG (2.5 MiB) Viewed 12393 times
IMG_1513.JPG
IMG_1513.JPG (324.03 KiB) Viewed 12393 times
 #39342  by jaytee

thanks for the info jai, the Rat Trap connection rings a bell now, good luck in the future
 #39344  by ukdrn

So many people including myself will be pleased to see this car finally hit the track.
I don't know what the deals were before but sadly they never happened but now finally we will get to see the car move under it's own power.
Well done James.
 #39345  by jai_ford

Hi Jon and all thanks for looking, not 100% on the details etc apart from what's on public sites etc and what nick said to me and my brother will stay with us, like I said previously my aim was to build a nostalgia top fuel car, my own car is close but still very far, we are under no illusions that's these things take a lot of time money and knowledge best intentions don't count for much!
Excaliber itself will be at dragstalgia we've got a few chassis adaptions to get it to where we would like then motor work really aiming for dragstalgia for it to be race ready and running, then will be in talks to see best time to test etc with the pod, further to that mine will be month or so behind with are 2017 intentions is two have them half pass together at flame and thunder long way to go! Just for the record when was the last time two fuel slingshots were side by side at the pod certainly wasn't in my life time :D
Hope you guys enjoy it all really is dream come true stuff for us thanks all james and Kev "THE GREAT PRETENDERS" :lol:
 #39346  by wayne

well done guys!!