UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#38868  by GNRCUSTOMS

Here are a few photos of my latest build. I was asked by Andy Carter back in 2012 to build a model of the Andersens car that he drove in 2010 when he set the new european record. AC supplied the donor car which is a milestone developments Kenny Bernstien Budweiser car. I had to remake the front and rear wing spill plates, scratch build the wheelie bar, rebuild the rear of the cockpit aswell as altering the main body panels. Due to the way the decals where made i had no choice but to leave the side air vents off the model as there was no way of getting the decals to fit round them with damaging them. The decals literally arrived a week before the euro finals and it was a mad dash to get it done in time to hand it over to Andy on the saturday.

#38870  by Limey

That is one fantastic model - Amazing conversion.
Did you have the decals custom made?
Absolutely brilliant.
Limey
 #38871  by GNRCUSTOMS

Hi Limey,

Thanks for the comments. Yes the decals where custom made for this one by a guy called Paul Parkes www.parkes682decals.com. This guy as been doing decals for sometime but is probably the only guy who can print white ink through an inkjet printer.
 #39296  by Limey

Hi There - I'd be very interested in restoring your model to add to my collection.
Got a spare set of decals ready to go!
If you'd like to PM me with a price you'd be happy to accept I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Limey
 #39297  by Eldo56

Hi, I don't really have a price, so prefer to leave it on eBay as an auction......it's more exciting!!! I also have a similar Tony Nancy one too, also 1/16, so will probably put that on eBay too in the next week or so.....thanks for your interest.