UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#39114  by gtibob

Would really like to see this event. 2016 was the 50 anniversary of Wild Things first appearance at Santa Pod. Built and driven by myself and Brian Gibson I believe the car eventually ended up as one of the Outlaw Anglias cars. Last I heard it is now a road car living on the south coast and painted black
 #39115  by timetravel

I think the grey primer'd Pop is Wild Thing running with the Outlaw Anglias in '96 Bob
Attachments
003.jpg
003.jpg (171.8 KiB) Viewed 12305 times
002.jpg
002.jpg (136.16 KiB) Viewed 12305 times
 #39116  by eraider

Details of the O/A Party and Trophy presentation have been posted. Hope to the finished details of the 25th Anniversary shortly.

It's official then, Thanks Guv.
The Outlaw Anglia Trophy Presentation Party will held on Saturday 28th Jan 2017 at Walsgrave Working Mens Club, 146 Woodway Lane, Coventry, CV2 2EJ, (The same venue as last year)
 #39121  by Brett Featherstone

The plastic car did have the snowplough front when it rolled but I don't believe it contributed to the accident as the car had already gone mid nines at Avon park with that front,that was also with big time fuel issues and a damaged cylinder head.the car simply turned left as I come of the power and unloaded the rear end with a 45 mph crosswind.Bob was just getting to grips with the fuel system by this event.I was really looking forward to the 8 second potential the car had in it but it was not to be.The class lost many great cars back then and we are loosing the driver's to,would have been great to have the original pop shootout lineup at the 25th anniversary.How many of the original cars are still around???
 #39138  by eraider

pro pop 92.

L -R- C.
Brett in Bobs tin car,. Car was sold on and latter cut up.
Frank Griffin. Car was crashed, rebuilt and then cut up.
Ian Norman. Still has the car. Was undertaking a rebuild of the car, after being stood for twenty years.
Paul Wright. Believed to still have the car.
Den Boyle. Car was sold and destroyed in a crash with a rail dragster.
Tony Baker RIP. Car was sold after crashing. rebuilt and raced again. Went through new ownership. Last heard of in bits in a garage.
Danny Cockerill. Car was sold, re chassis-ed. Now owned and raced by Matt Cooper.
Not shown. Andy P. Car was crashed and cut up. Gary Gorman RIP. Car was sold on, passed though several hands and is now rebuilt as street rod.
Attachments
pro pop 92 a.jpg
pro pop 92 a.jpg (26.63 KiB) Viewed 12066 times
 #39139  by eraider

Design Proofs of Tee shirt. Sharp eyed people may spot it reads Bob Nixon on the doors, but the designer took inspiration from several cars in the class. Colin Millar is handling sales of Tee shirts and Hoodies.
Attachments
25 tee 1.jpg
25 tee 1.jpg (72.38 KiB) Viewed 12066 times
25 tee 2.jpg
25 tee 2.jpg (29.59 KiB) Viewed 12066 times
 #39140  by eraider

gtibob wrote:Would really like to see this event. 2016 was the 50 anniversary of Wild Things first appearance at Santa Pod. Built and driven by myself and Brian Gibson I believe the car eventually ended up as one of the Outlaw Anglias cars. Last I heard it is now a road car living on the south coast and painted black
Would be great to see you. Brett Budden has the car.
Attachments
brett budden.jpg
brett budden.jpg (37.66 KiB) Viewed 12065 times
 #39379  by eraider

The 2017 Pop Shootout

So it's happening. An idea i mooted last year to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Outlaw Anglia.
Thanks the the hard work of Martyn Payne and Alan Martin from the Nsra and the Good folks at Shakespeare County raceway. We now have the go ahead for a Pop Shootout.
This will take place on the weekend of this years Nostalgia Nationals 23rd to 25th of June 2017. This will be a qualifying day on Friday starting at 12 noon till 3 pm. Eliminations will start from 3 pm on the Friday and continue into Saturday. Track scrutineers will issue a PS number to each entrant.
No open Headers, but slicks are allowed. The track will un prepped for Friday.