UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#38607  by jai_ford

Just a quick update molly car now underway and starting to take shape running axle and parts up this week and going for a fitting but starting to gain pace now :D
Attachments
Chassis taking shape
Chassis taking shape
image.jpeg (65.25 KiB) Viewed 14521 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (64.64 KiB) Viewed 14521 times
 #38608  by jai_ford

After a bit of a change in direction the big block Chevy engine that was set to go in new dimension (steel car) was brought in good faith seems to be a turd so we are going down different route With engine for it now having bit of clear out with bits we don't need and see where we get to, we are trying to make steel car as cheap to run as possible as dad is retired car is now rolling and steering ready for engine plate etc to be trimmed
Will try and keep almost weekly updates as moving a bit quicker now thanks for looking
 #38641  by jai_ford

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (128.87 KiB) Viewed 14521 times
Hi all after going to the pod for another parts collecting day and have a look round now collected my heads and starter and few other little bits progress still moving forward, now it's all starting to come together we will be running a hemi in both cars although very different as "new dimension" will be running a Gen 3 srt8 2008 blown hemi still with a shorty glide and "don't tell the wife" will have my Keith black 426 hemi in it now with fuel heads and stage 5 rocker gear and is basically the same set up as nostalgia funny cars over here with the little fuel pump 6/71 blower points style mag and 2 speed transmission ow and of course nitro :D , we have put a coat of primer on "new dimension" for now to protect it, heres couple of pics to keep you going will get some more over next week on there wheels thanks for looking James.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 14521 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (162.64 KiB) Viewed 14521 times
 #38804  by jai_ford

Hi all been real busy with the other little sbc slingshots we have now there done having another go at these two here's a pic of my "don't tell the wife" dragster Roy's cracking on with it a bit more now we've hit a stumbling block with axle we had lined up so but of rethinking and jigging around but things are looking up :D
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (171.87 KiB) Viewed 15555 times
 #38834  by jai_ford

Thanks guys real pleased with it few more bits have come via container but really need to get cracking on sorting this axle out hopefully have a answer and make decision in next week or so :(
 #38956  by jai_ford

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 14022 times
Hi all now have the little cars all tied up got another little project with my brother to do over the winter as my hands have been tied with my " don't tell the wife" fuel car so not much to report but have put the spare engine together and going to come out with that first if all goes to plan, axle is being constructed at this moment in time and hopefully won't be to much longer gone for a chromolly fully floater 40spline etc etc and also have ordered a set of 16x11 pair of beadlocks and nostalgia specific tyres to keep in with the rules currently sanctioned on these cars in the states :D
 #39375  by jai_ford

Not too much to report but there has been progress new dimension is now all welded up almost mocked up and ready for making the body then going to paint really trying to push on with it just waiting on motor plate really then can have a good mock up picture,
"Don't tell the wife" fuel car is still on the jig as axle is only just starting its swim but most of the other parts are assembled ready to go in so should take shape pretty quickly hoping for a birthday Mock up picture then will be pushing to get in it this year
Will get some pics and keep you all updated