UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#38413  by PALLADIN

thunderball 1990
thunderball 1990
PALLADIN THUNDERBAL 1990 1.JPG (75.24 KiB) Viewed 11138 times
My first post so hello all ...
Back in the very late 80s / early 90s (87-94??) I visited SantaPod and had my head turned by Palladin a lovely little black and white Elan.
I remember chatting to the driver and being pleasantly surprised it was still running the twincam ...
This little car was a major factor in my love of the Elan and I have had various +2s over the years but couldnt afford a baby Elan...

So to the crux of it .. Back in 2006 I posted on Pistonheads if anybody remembered Palladin - and a big fat nope ... until 2015 when I was contacted by a chap who had the bodyshell sitting on a shelf as a waiting project....

Since then its now a project I am taking on to get the car back on wheels!

Im becoming obsessed can anybody help ... this is what I know from these and other forums - I would love photos , videos , specs ....

Driver -
Barry Potter , brother of Keith(Hay Jude and The Devil) Son Martyn Potter who also drove

Success - won 1989 NDRA modified championships?

Car -
Started as standard Elan (guessing series 3 FHC?) red with light colored roof bubble arches and revolution alloys
Heavily Modified - changed to yellow and blue full drag car .. added the name Palladin on side (pics from the 80s)
Same car without Palladin on the side featured on Santapod thunderball 1990 part 10 doorslammers

Folks I have found that have provided the info above are:
TheMighty - on pistonheads - emailed no reply
Muddytalker - on here
nick383pop - on here

If anybody can pass this link on to the Potters that would be fantastic

So lets see if this gets me anywhere!! - Thanks David
Attachments
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_xeubNYxu.jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_xeubNYxu.jpg (16.51 KiB) Viewed 11138 times
pre palladin.jpg
pre palladin.jpg (62.87 KiB) Viewed 11138 times
palladin 84.jpg
palladin 84.jpg (125.08 KiB) Viewed 11138 times