UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#38349  by ukdrn

Dragstalgia 2016 – Back with a Vengeance
BradfordvHope.jpg
BradfordvHope.jpg (154.33 KiB) Viewed 13645 times
With 2016 being Santa Pod Raceways 50th year of operating as a drag strip, Dragstalgia on the 15th-17th July, an event dedicated to historic drag racing, was always going to be one of the main celebrations and we have some very exciting news to announce.
Those that were there to the bitter end at Dragstalgia 2014 will have witnessed one of the best races in modern history when an unfortunate breakage to Rat Trap opened up an opportunity for Nick Davies in Havoc to line up alongside Brian Hope in Pure Hell. When the lights ran, the two ran side by side all the way up the track recording a pair of 6 second runs with Nick carrying the front wheels most of the way! Most of us just watched on in awe but eagle eyed fans will have noticed that although Brian ran the quicker ET, he red lit. You didn’t think we’d leave it there did you?
SantaPod50LogoB.png
SantaPod50LogoB.png (9.72 KiB) Viewed 13644 times
We’re very pleased to announce that to celebrate Santa Pod and Rat Traps 50th anniversaries, at Dragstalgia 2016 we’ll be welcoming back Ron Hope and the Rat Trap along with a new companion to the UK in the form of Randy Bradford and the Bradfords Fiat Topolino. Equally, the armoury is being prepared on this side of the pond as Nick and Havoc have a new power plant being shoe-horned into the little Bantam – the nitro fuelled donovan motor that powered the Chaos Altered to countless low 6 second passes. The plan is to have the Bradford car and Rat Trap run together for the majority of the weekend but we’re sure we can arrange a grudge race with Havoc to close the show!
In addition to this mouth-watering prospect on track is all of the usual favourites with Nostalgia Funny Cars, The Wild Bunch, Supercharged Outlaws, Gasser Circus, The Superstockers, the Outlaw Anglias, the 3rd Annual Willys Wars, Outlaw Street and the NSA Bikes on 2 wheels.
Off track, the NSRA will once again be taking care of the Autoglym Show & Shine competition dishing out the trophies and ensuring there are some of the countries best hot rods on display. In addition, the NSRA will be putting together a Blast from the Past hot rod display to come in alongside the historic drag racing display. Add in some live music, Jet Car, an onsite hairdressers, Cacklefest and Fire Burnouts and you have all of the ingredients for one unmissable weekend. Day tickets are available from just £14 per person plus fees and under 16’s go free OR to make your weekend extra special why get yourself some VIP tickets from £99+VAT. See the full line-up and buy tickets at http://www.dragstalgia.co.uk.
There’s more good news for UK Drag fans too as this time the US altereds will get a second bite of the cherry as they will also be attending the FIA European Finals on the 8th-11th September. 2016 is going to be a year to remember!
Randy Bradford (Roger Gorringe image) Ron Hope (Jon Spoard image)
 #38410  by wayne

CANT WAIT,SHOULD BE A GREAT MEETING AND BY THE LOOKS OF IT THERE SHOULD BE A FEW NEW CARS ALSO!
HOPEFULLY HAVE MY NEW CAR READY TOO! :)
 #38411  by ukdrn

I'm hearing they might be loads of interesting cars apart from the obvious big hitters :-)
 #38419  by ukdrn

Slingshot Showdown.
Santa Pod have announced a Slingshot Showdown for the event.
It's a Shootout for Front Engined Dragsters only that have ran quicker than 8.5.
Santa Pod will be putting on a small, heads up shootout with qualifying and eliminations, open to front engine dragsters that are proven to have ran quicker than 8.50. To enter, or for more information, please see www.dragstalgia.co.uk or contact James on 01234 782828 or 2016@dragstalgia.co.uk.

With the amount of FED we have now this should be really entertaining and a great edition to what promises to be one of the best events of 2016.
web2.jpg
web2.jpg (230.45 KiB) Viewed 12940 times
web.jpg
web.jpg (2.09 MiB) Viewed 12940 times
 #38420  by jai_ford

Ow yessss better get a move on with my one :D I remember a certain post I made after last years dragstalgia, big thanks to all those involved it making this possible, will take some pics and update my build thread.
 #38430  by ukdrn

jai_ford wrote:Ow yessss better get a move on with my one :D I remember a certain post I made after last years dragstalgia, big thanks to all those involved it making this possible, will take some pics and update my build thread.
Cool