UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#38378  by ukdrn

I would like to say thank you to Brain Taylor for the hard work, time and commitment he's given to the BDRHoF over the last 10 years. There is no doubt that the BDRHoF wouldn't be where it is now without him.
Anybody involved with drag racing knows how hard and unrewarding (I'm being polite :) )it can be at times and to carry out and role as important as that for so long and also work tirelessly as he does with the Allard project deserves a mention.

Thanks Brian.
 #38393  by Stu Bradbury

Just to make everyone aware, Brain Taylor or to give him his correct name Brian Taylor :-) is still with the Bdrhof and helping in the background with advise and suggestions. Brian like us all is not so young as he use to be. The demand's of the job along with the traveling from his home in Devon were getting too much. However, as most of you must know by recent press releases, we have a very worthy successor willing to take on the task of commercial and marketing director by the name of Guy Loveridge. See below:

Guy Loveridge to join British Drag Racing Hall of Fame Management Board

Distinguished motoring journalist and Chairman of the Guild of Motoring Writers Guy Loveridge has joined the British Drag Racing Hall of Fame Management Board as Marketing and Commercial Director. Guy will also be presenting the Sydney Allard media awards at the forthcoming BDRHoF Gala evening which is taking place on Saturday 19th November at the Sheraton Skyline Hotel at London’s Heathrow Airport.

Guy has written and published 14 books and a number of documentary films. His first book, Romany Returns, published by the family firm Douglas Loveridge Publications, was shortlisted for the 1996 Longman/History Today Book of the Year Prize, and since then he has written on motoring and motor sport for a wide range of newspapers and magazines. In 2015 he won the Peugeot Motorsport Cup in recognition of outstanding achievement by a Guild of Motoring Writers member in the world of motorsport.

He has commentated on motor sport for local radio stations, Autosport Radio Le Mans, and the Reims Revival, and acted as Master of Ceremonies at Guild of Motoring Writers Awards dinners. He also acts as consultant to auction houses and collectors on classic and historic cars and automobilia and organises Lord March's Revival Runners period police force as part of the Revival Meeting each September.

He continues to be Chief Judge of the Sydney Allard award for Writing presented to the writer of the best book, article, feature or blog on British drag racing published in print or on-line during the twelve months ending 31st July.

Guy replaces Brian Taylor who has decided to step down from the role after ten years. Chairman Stu Bradbury said, 'The BDRHoF would not have achieved the worldwide status and recognition it now enjoys without Brian's expertise, foresight and guidance. Brian has been thinking about stepping down for some time and the travelling to and from Devon is becoming a little too much. So he will still be here with us, but now in the background.’

Guy remarked 'Brian's shoes are pretty substantial and tricky to fill, but I am humbled to be invited and look forward to filling the role to the very best of my ability'.

Further Press Information from Robin Jackson robin@britishdragracinghof.co.uk
Tel 01933 222917

Sheraton Skyline Hotel information
There will be booking instructions specific to guests of the BDRHoF who are eligible for the special room rate. These will be released as soon as we have the information. Discounted room prices are £115 per night single, £125 double include full English breakfast and complimentary use of Sky Garden pool and Fitness Gym. Car parking will be available on-site for £8 per night. The Sheraton Skyline Hotel is situated on the A4 Bath Road on Heathrow Airport’s northern perimeter and hotel information is available online at http://www.sheratonskyline.com.

The British Drag Racing Hall of Fame is sponsored by many businesses and associations. Without this support it could not exist. They are: Beech Underwriting; U S Automotive; Santa Pod Racers Club; Flint Insurance; Pennine Drag Racing Club; Eurodragster.com; Avon Park International Racing Association; Shakespeare County Raceway; Santa Pod Raceway; York Raceway; Lucas Oil Products UK; MQQNEYES; International Organization of Professional Drivers; National Street Rod Association; Aptitude; Atlantic Fluid Tech Ltd.; Rat Trap Racing.
 #38394  by ukdrn

I was only trying to give him some credit for what he done.
 #38395  by Stu Bradbury

No problem John, only joking with the Brain. It wouldn't be the first time I've done it myself.

I've worked with the Brian on different projects one way or another in pleasure as well as professionally for many many years. Without his guidance and ideas the Bdrhof would not be where it is. But saying that, it is a team effort. Without the rest of the crew who all work tirelessly over the year to put things together the Bdrhof also would never have got to be where it is. Brian needed to retire, if he didn't step back behind the line, the Bdrhof was in a position of not being able to get someone in place to carry on the legacy of what he had achieved. With Brian's failing health it was clear he had to make that decision. I am in a similar position. Someone is required to follow on from me, maybe sooner that I or anyone else would think. My health is becoming more of a problem as time goes on. I have again had indications that my cancer has returned but this time in my lungs. So who knows how long I have to carry on. Again, I have to make a decision on what is best for the Bdrhof in the long term??
 #38396  by NitroWars

Sorry to hear your news above Stu, keep on fighting!

Love to Bev, as if putting up with you isn't enough.

Jim
 #38398  by ukdrn

I'm really sorry to hear that Stu. I hope things work out okay.