UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#38072  by Wile e Weslake

Yep. Will only be on display as I have a few final fitment issues to address, but If I can get it wired up and there's no leaks: I'll start it.
 #38668  by ukdrn

Thankfully he's relatively okay.
From Terry's facebook page.

Rather pissed off to say the least. Something has gone very wrong with the front hub and it is not operating on the right axis, so that there is no steering and the wheel simply flops from side to side at the top and bottom. Really cannot see how? The shafts that plug in the frame are captured and don't appear to have moved and at the moment I can't investigate. Nothing is broken in my shoulder just munched the tendon in the top and it's allowing part of it to be somewhat out of line. Ribs at the back are killing me too, so munching big painkillers and floating around. Every time I move I find something else that I've clouted. Big thanks to Peter Coombe, David Clee, and Jack Homan for getting the bike into the van and Pete driving me to A&E and then home. Now about to spend a night on the couch as I can't lye down, so might as well suffer more by watching the Tele.
 #38670  by jaytee

sorry to see that, hope the bike will be at Dragstalgia
 #38671  by ukdrn

jaytee wrote:sorry to see that, hope the bike will be at Dragstalgia
I don't think the rider will okay sadly John.
 #38672  by CRR

I was at North Weald yesterday and saw that. It was a real bummer to say the least and Terry was pretty depressed afterwards to put it mildly!
 #38673  by jaytee

ukdrn wrote:
jaytee wrote:sorry to see that, hope the bike will be at Dragstalgia
I don't think the rider will okay sadly John.
I was thinking that Jon, but would be nice to see the bike on display as I missed it last year
 #38685  by Wile e Weslake

Just to update. I'm ok, a bit bruised and battered but the shoulder that they though might be broken has tendon damage: no breaks thankfully.

The bike isn't too bad but I've managed to have a closer look today and there's a few things that are going to take a while to sort out. Mainly the Blower shaft support tower, which is badly cracked, the shaft's bent too.

I'll try my best to get it to Dragstalgia.