UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#36752  by jai_ford

Hi there all after doing my dads slingshot and with the help of you all to identify it I thought I would try it again, I have brought a altered chassis to get into racing as was wondering if any one recognises it was told it could of had a reliant body on it after speaking to Geoff don't think it's the oxford builder but maybe the bartletts one? Anyone?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 10459 times
 #36760  by Geofstilwell

hi. I am pretty sure it's the car my brother and I built many years ago. I need a pic of the rear of the car to be sure. We had a Renault 4 L body made by Pat Cuss. My brother sold the car to Pete Lambourne who is no longer with us. Message me or put some more pics up so I can confirm.
 #36763  by Geofstilwell

By the looks of it that is the chassis we built. It was originally built for a rover V8 which my brother still has. Complete with steel crank, isky solid cam special lifters, aluminium rods. He also has a 10.5 in clutch, steel flywheel for it. The chassis is / was CDS tubing. All built on a jig. The front axle / suspension came from Alan Ing. As I said my brother sold the car less engine and box to Pete Lambourne in Worthing who put a small block Chevy in it. I can put you in touch with brother if u need any more info.
 #36766  by jai_ford

Thanks Geoff what year did you build it? if you p.m. me a number i will call your brother was the reno body the white and blue funny car style one?
 #36767  by Geofstilwell

When we built the car pat cuss made the mould and body for us. It was originally a Renault 4L. It was painted blue n white and called " Tupelo Honey". Now when we sold the car Pete Lambourne decided the take out about 15 inches or more and cut the body in half lengthways. So if u have the body it will be very narrow. Shame really. As to the year It was built I am going to have to check but probably in the 70's. Maybe a bit later, but not much. Everything on the car was handcrafted. My brother was an engineer by trade designing hydraulic systems at the time. What is your plan? engine etc? I will get in touch with my brother and pass u his contact details.
 #36768  by timetravel

SCREAMIN ALLEY JULY '86 009.jpg
SCREAMIN ALLEY JULY '86 009.jpg (55.76 KiB) Viewed 10251 times
 #37094  by robbo23258

Hi i am 99% sure it is the bartletts chassis - myself and nick sephton built the car using the chassis off roy webbs sneaky gloworm funny car , the chassis was shortened to take the reliant body which was bought unused hanging in a barn in the northhampton area - any info /help you need dont hesitate to ask !! would be nice to see it run in anger again , cheers Robbo