UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#35372  by shabby1

Anyone recognise this Kart...I think I saw it in the early '70's I don't think its Ken Penfold's Patience.
Its a Buckler and their website has this picture and they're asking if anyone has info.
Cheers
Chris
Triumph_powered_drag_kart_used_in_the_sixties[1].jpg
Triumph_powered_drag_kart_used_in_the_sixties[1].jpg (37.05 KiB) Viewed 7962 times
 #35383  by shabby1

Thanks TT,
This might be a later version than the '60s one,it looks like its got a Shorrock and SU set-up not Amals.
The Buckler site has got an interesting letter about the history of Midas Touch/Midas Mist in the Drag Racers section.
Cheers
Chris
 #35390  by timetravel

It's a '67 pic, he fitted the blower and SU at the beginning of that year but it put him up a class into H/Dragster and as the ETs didn't drop he later took off the blower and went back to twin Amals and back into I/Dragster... :D
 #35426  by shabby1

Cheers Nick,
Just looking at bucklercars.com in the drag racer section there's a account by two early drag kart owners, K E L Prince at the 1st Drag Fest in his Buckler/Greeves and Pete Huggins at early meets in a Buckler/Triumph.
On the sidebar there's a programme page from the 1st Drag Fest of the british cars with their times written in Nobby.Bootsie etc.
I'm sure I've seen another Altered,apart from Midas Mist, that used a Buckler chassis.I don't think it was Felton so it could've been York,NDRC meets or the Pod-the memory's not what it was!
Any ideas
Cheers
Chris