UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#34565  by MisteR Tee

davethesparky wrote:I might have a set of spoked wheels going spare will know in the next few day,
regards Dave
That would be great, thanks.
 #34566  by MisteR Tee

muddytalker wrote:I spoke to dad about this and he said you would have a bit of a job locating Raleigh Whisp wheels, especially the tyres. Dad had the very same wheels and tyres on his dragsters and they only just did the job then and that was way back when! But if Davethesparky knows where there's some then bonus.
Yes, I've found that out! Would settle for anything really, having spoken to Simon Williams & Mike Tomlin, I know that the wheels were changed because of issues with speed rated tyres & I will probably have to get new spindles if I find some more as the existing ones have been machined down to suit the wheels currently on there. Can't quite justify the prices of new sets that are available in the States, which are all 18" & up in diameter. Also just had a quote for pie-crust slicks & they may be out of reach as well!! :shock:

By the way, Jerry, I have a letter & several pages of info on the car your dad wrote out for one of the owners (not sure which one)!! :)
 #34759  by davethesparky

pit bike wheels maybe a better idea as you will struggle to find a tyre to fit the Raleigh wisp wheels :)
 #34761  by muddytalker

MisteR Tee wrote:
muddytalker wrote:
By the way, Jerry, I have a letter & several pages of info on the car your dad wrote out for one of the owners (not sure which one)!! :)
Dad wrote those notes for owner Simon Williams.
 #34792  by MisteR Tee

davethesparky wrote:sorry cannot find them for the life of me
Never mind, thanks for trying & thanks for that link, he's not too far away from me so I may be able to find something suitable there.
 #34793  by MisteR Tee

muddytalker wrote:
MisteR Tee wrote:
muddytalker wrote:
Dad wrote those notes for owner Simon Williams.
Yes, I think he addressed it to a "Paul" who I think was a partner in it.