UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#91  by ukdrn

Another car has come up on ebay, an ex Nobby Hills built funny.
It says in the advert that its car 11 but looking at the 'walkin the dog' website this must be the ex Challenger/Vette Houndog 10 chassis built in 1979, correct me if I'm wrong?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOT-ROD-RACING-FU ... dZViewItem

#93  by herb andrews

It was in Custom Car a while ago. Not putting down the work that the present owner has undertaken but lets hope it gets finished and back on the track.

Paranoia's chassis was based on Nobbies Houndog funny, with the high top chassis rail and low roll cage. 'Not a lot of people know that'.

Herb

#95  by MotorPsycho

that would also be ex NitroForce and Gulf Oils Funny Car previously owned by Martyn Hannis driven by Pete Barnett and Kenny McCormack then?

that combination of low cage/high chassis rail looks so good, especially on an altered

#100  by PeterWalters

Yeah that chassis is beautifull, looked so good on the demag altered :D

Anybody know what happened to the demag altered body/nose???

Images from Walkin The Dog Website
http://www.houndogdragracing.co.uk/

#102  by MotorPsycho

the body went on the car the Turner's had as Straight Shooter which is now now Tony Betts' Venom car

not sure about the nose, but the rear wing is now on Clive Mechaell's car

#140  by muddytalker

Here’s a couple of shots of the car when Martyn Hannis had it. I’m assuming this was after 'NitroForce'. Tony Betts also ran a Datsun 280ZX in Top Alcohol after the Fiat Topolino in the early nineties but it is unclear whether this was a copy from the original body on another chassis. At the time there were a couple of bodies manufactured. Somewhere I have photos of a Datsun body still in its mould. Photos by Dick Parnham and Eric Sawyer.

#179  by JoeBond

Good lord, those were the days.

I can remember when we had to change workshops the trailer which we had uptil 2004 was still being made, so martyn towed the Corvette funny car through cheltenham behind the chevy duallie we had... to say we got some funny looks is a understatement, a lot of people knew what it was so we got a fair few cheers too!

I loved that Corvette body, now we have another funny car style chassis i'd love to have it back! .. not sure Martyn would however!

Pete drove the car in the Kendall, Nitro Force and the early Car Centre colours before Kenny took the helm, driving it for a few years in Car Centre colours before we were sponsored by Gulf. Then we had a top end accident which meant the Vette needed extensive repair and we bought the 300ZX body. A couple was made, we had one, and if your right then Tony must have had the other! Looking back at it that 300ZX wasn't half a ugly body... kinda looks like the blobs which are Dodge Stratus bodies nowadays!

#342  by muddytalker

Sometime ago I mentioned that Tony Betts drove, for a short period, a Datsun/Nissan 280/300ZX in Top Alcohol before the car/body or both went across to Martyn Hannis. Well, here it is (far lane) in this photo by Paul Duxbury at the 1994 Easter Thunderball against Urs Erbacher. I have also managed to find the photo of the Nissan body out of its mould.

#344  by MotorPsycho

pretty sure only the body went to Martyn (if it was the same body?) as the same chassis from the Corvette was used (sure Joe can clarify this)

on a side note that car of Urs' was gorgeous!

#346  by TimeMachine

Yeah, I really liked that paint job and the matching one Peter Beck ran on his alky car.

Now there is a man it'd be great to see back racing, Peter and Regula were always so friendly.