UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#34369  by stevey1

that looks very much like Mick Pearce's old car, ran an Alfa Romeo engine back in the early 70's was a solid 11 second car in it's day. Mick used to work for a Leatherhead based company called Faba fabrication, this company was owned by Malcolm Beken who ran the Fusion rear engine dragster with a rare BRM/Hillman engine. Mick sold the car to Mark Coulsell's dad and there are pictures of a very young Mark dreaming of driving it somewhere!
Steve
 #34372  by stevey1

yes that was the name when Mick had it from memory it was a VW transaxle with the twin cam alfa up front, my pal made another adaptor and fitted the pinto in, from memory it was a very snug fit, both Mick and my pal are vertically challenged, he would love to see the car again after 35 years. I have sent you an email so I can put you two in contact. this car was quite a trend setter as the rear engine concept had only been finally mastered a couple of year before Mick built this.
Steve
 #34381  by skippy

if you type his name followed by dragster on google it comes up two titles one from santa pod arcives and one from blackbush (timetravel dvds) there is a good picture here.

it has still got the vw transaxle and the 2ltr pinto adapter. cheers steve