UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#27063  by ukdrn

A couple from Woodvale.
Any news on the restoration
Nobby-48.jpg
Nobby-48.jpg (79.14 KiB) Viewed 12118 times
Nobby-49.jpg
Nobby-49.jpg (115.53 KiB) Viewed 12118 times
Pictures:Nobby
 #27379  by Wile e Weslake

Just found this and thought you might like a progress report. The bike is now back in one bit and should be getting the ignition back on and working next week. The motor and blower have been completely rebuilt and many of the unusual items have had to be overhauled or replaced. The frame has been rebuilt at the back to reduce the rear wheel width back to an original size to hopefully restore the handling. I hope to be able to try and start the bike early in the new year. Once we've done that then we can try the handling and then final build and paint to original red and black.....All sounds simple but it's already been 4 years in happening. Many things have unfortunately occured in that time which have hindered progress, but we are moving again now. I'll keep you informed
 #27388  by torment

any chance of seeing it at the hot rod drags/nostalgia nats....???
 #27392  by Wile e Weslake

It's possible, but there are quite a few unknowns at the moment. It's my intention for it to be at Mallory Park for the Festival of 1000 Bikes, but I'm not sure running it there will be possible as it isn't going to handle the bend at the end of the breaking area too well. I've also got my Weslake to resurrect along with my old GT750 Suzuki triple and I'm trying to assist Bill Orriss in getting his 350 blown Rudge finished too (just cosmetic stuff) he'd never let me withing a country mile of anything else :lol: . Other than that it's a bike quiet really.
 #27394  by muddytalker

You could always consider a run at Shakespeare County Raceway's Nostalgia Nationals June 23rd/24th next year. The meet has an invited entry for nostalgia drag & sprint bikes. Give Phil Steele a shout. If that's too early then the same applies for the NSRA Hot Rod Drags in September 14th/16th. :D
 #27405  by Wile e Weslake

I'd love to run it and Avon Park and I will talk to Phil about it. I need to take it to a nice wide aerodrome runway for shakedowns first (away from the public gaze) if it doesn't handle then Avon Park wouldn't be a good idea!
 #27406  by muddytalker

Sounds good to me and thanks for the interest. Hope it all works out and keep the build photos coming.
 #27410  by ukdrn

I would love to see that sometime next year if possible, a clasic piece of history and a crazy creation :)
 #32356  by FordCorsair

Another photo of Drag-Waye for the record:

link sends you my photobucket account.

This print was passed to me (a few weeks ago) by Alan Baillie an ex-work colleague of Dennis Priddle from the Westland (Yeovil) days. Alan was a little vague/mixed up about the vehicle in the photo but said Dennis had passed it to him way back then... and now has passed it to me!

Dom
 #32358  by ukdrn

I really would like to see this machine this year, I hope it's possible to get it to a track.