UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#31820  by martyn b

That's true, but it is also part of Clive Skilton's life history, and for sure he is probably in a better position to ensure everything will be just as it was. Once restored, I would have thought Clive would want to see it make appearances at UK venues,[along with himself], (and perhaps some european ones) even if it continues to reside across the water (where there is a huge active heritage scene that would ensure it gets used).
 #31825  by crazyhorses

Clive has said that when it is finished it will return to the UK. It takes money and expertise to do these things properly. The chassis has been awaiting offers for many months but nobody in the UK stepped up to the plate with the funding or the desire. Restoring the 1961 Allard Chrysler will have cost around £25,000 when complete and that is with a lot of freebie parts and hours. That money had to be raised by sponsorship, selling goodies and donations. I for one am very glad that Clive has agreed to fund the recreation of Rev 2 and provide the expertise and time.
 #31827  by Geofstilwell

I wasn't aware it was for sale unless i missed something and i didn't know funding was being sought. I thought it was just another project. If it is being restored then that is really good news and I look forward to seeing it on the track.